Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
tit
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this up other day seems to be deleted, i would assume for my swearing rant.

Any how i hit a pot hole Cracked my alloy, 19" x 10 Rota

anyone have a spare one around saves me paying like 250+ quid for a new one.

Have to display this pic looks bad ass :)

·
tit
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheels on the car, its so low i cant get a jack under it, so i have to mess around with it.
i just havent had the time to do it.

Only reason i know it was cracked is, that i had a flat after hitting the Hole went to the garage to get the punchture repaired and i saw the damage.

Its the inside of the wheel its about 3/4 inches long, and goes right around to the outside of the rim!

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts

·
tit
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Can you not make a claim for the damage through the local council? It's up to them to maintian the road surface after all.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Hey mate my opinion would be get another set or pair or new wheels. You have a lovely car would you really want to risk it?

·
Out of monies
1,983 Posts
Pointless IMHO, It will only crack again.

See it all the time with 19" BMW rims on E9x's. Rim clobbered, rim cracks, rim gets welded, rim cracks again.

Something as important as a wheel and tyre, fix it properly.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Here i a video of the main road heading back to mine.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1zkkxZi0nU&feature=youtu.be This is what killed my alloy and after putting a claim in saying the road was very poor they sent out a surveyer who said there was nothing wrong with it. Biggest load of rubbish ever. Not even a week later I was heading into town over the same bridge to find road works digging it all up and replacing the surface. So I contacted them again saying my claim was denied and the reply I got was 'the surveyer found nothing wrong'. To my reply 'can you tell me why they are digging up the road and replacing it if it is not bad' I got 'erm erm' enough said will have to go to a solicitor now.

·
tit
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pointless IMHO, It will only crack again.

See it all the time with 19" BMW rims on E9x's. Rim clobbered, rim cracks, rim gets welded, rim cracks again.

Something as important as a wheel and tyre, fix it properly.
when it comes to that point i will replace it.

for now i will have to have it repaired.
my insurance is due this week for the car, and with many other things.

·
CF Addict
534 Posts
I had mine repaired by a company near me 6 years ago, you cant tell where the repair was and never caused an issue again, so if repaired properly it will last.....

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
I had mine repaired by a company near me 6 years ago, you cant tell where the repair was and never caused an issue again, so if repaired properly it will last.....
^^ THIS...

A good alloy welder will not just weld the crack, if done properly it will last you.

·
South West Area Rep
1,315 Posts
Hi Ash

What a total pisser, hope you can get it fixed, or find a spare set for next sunday....

you will be missed.

Paul

The day I sold my Schnitzer BMW, I took it for one last blast through iron Acton and up towards the motorway, hit a pot hole and blew the tyre, fitted the crappy spare and took it for a new tyre, the garage said it was unrepairable as they were magnesium racing rims and it had a massive dent and buckle... so I told the new owner who then beat me to death over the price, bloody council have a lot to answer for...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts