Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Embarrassing........

Lot of rain last night, coupled with a few hot days and the roads are obviously a bit greasy...

Well, off I trundled to Tesco an hour or so ago. Pulled into the carpark, which was packed.

Headed to the back and was trundling round a 90 degree right hand bend in the car park, at about 15mph in second, got 2/3 of the way round and the back end just kept on going. Was a most tranquil, ballet-style pirouette. Steered into it and lifted off but either too late or momentum was against me, but I ended up facing the other way into all the other cars behind me. Looking like a right tit (or a left one perchance), with everyone in the car park staring at me as if it was intentional.

Lucky boy, the car park was mobbed, people and cars everywhere, and going by the length of an R32 and the width of road between rows of cars, its a miracle I didn't hit anything!

The moral of the story.... Supermarkets make great places for doing donuts, but wait til its rained and they are EMPTY!

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
No worries

Ya hit nothin'.

As for the audience, well, it's not like you've got a distinctive motor, now is it? :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
Is that the Tesco in Crawley? If it is then that corner is slippy at the best of times.

A similar thing happened to me this morning on my way back from Abbey, booted it on to the M25 slip road and the back stepped out quite a bit, certainly woke me up!

·
Old Member
814 Posts
Unless you have at least four bags of cement in the boot, a delicate right foot is a personal safety requirement when any sign of moisture is within three miles of the section of tarmac you are using....... but by the hell it gets the adrenalin goin'

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Ahh, so its not just me then!! :rolleyes: I am still getting used to having a loud exhaust so of course wanted to hear it on the way home from work today, so I booted it in 3rd up the dual carriageway and when it hit full boost at about 4500-5000ish the wheels just started spinning, and I was doing 70mph!! :eek: Certainly got my heart racing!! :D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
those talking trolleys on TV will be chatting about it for months mate , its the most fun they have seen in a long time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My mate done a great one in that Tesco in Crawley. Must have been a couple of years ago now, and he had a 1.6 Sunny thing. It used to slide around all over the place, and that car park is easy to get tyre squeal in too.

So there we are approaching that top bend, at which point he turns down the radio and goes "shhh shhhh everyone, listen to this"

He turns the steering wheel to the right, the car goes straight on, and into a car park on the corner. Its at this point that one of my mates say in the back went "oh yeah"

It still seems funny now :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts