Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i removed the alternater for replacement on my gts a few weeks ago but being a complete T*T :boobies: i forgot were the earth goes onto the Alternater can any shed any light :spank:

·
Registered
801 Posts
0n the back theres a m6 thread that sticks out with a plastic shroud around it if you feel around on the back you will find it.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
there is no earth on the alternator mate as it earths through the bracket.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
pic mate as there is a live that goes to the alternator and the starter mate plus i am presuming the lead is black??

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
oh. i thought that was the earth? i thought there was 2 plugs and a wire that bolts on? but my memory isnt great lol
those are lives mate :)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
mine aint got a green lead lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
was going to put that lead on the mount bolt were the adjuster sits ? but would nt do alot if it is earthed from the back of the unit:spank::confused:

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
that looks like its just an extra earth wire mate that someone has fitted and whats on the other end??

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Hers the Pics Plugged in connecter,small black earth on back and power
was going to put that lead on the mount bolt were the adjuster sits ? but would nt do alot if it is earthed from the back of the unit:spank::confused:
you said there was an earth at the back of the alternator mate thats all it needs,the green is just an extra :)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts