Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tally ho chaps :wave:

I should in the next few months finally have enough money to get a fun car, and certain I want a Skyline. I would love a R32 GTR but it would take far too long and cost too much to insure to be worth it, so I'm going for an R33 GTS-T. The only thing is I preferably want an unmolested, or with mimimal mods, manual UK car but I'm finding these fairly hard to come by. Is it likely one would pop up eventually, and would 3.5k even be enough to get a decent one? I could always behave and work a bit harder for longer to get the money but I tend to get impatient sometimes

Cheers
Steve

I should stick around more when/(if) I finally get one.

·
Registered
968 Posts
A GTR is the same to insure as a GTST, both group 20 but an R32 may now be insured under a classic with some insurers

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
A GTR is not the same to insure as a GTST. Maybe for some people but not for all, trust me I know i've done the ringing around.
As far as im aware the R33gtst was only an import so you won't find a UK model.
Give these guys a shout they've found a well sorted R32gtst for me. While i was choosing one they even managed to find unmolested ones of these. MY advise if you want one clean is to import, you'll get what you want and you'll be supprised by the prices.

http://www.privateimports.co.uk/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and if your hearts set on a R32GTR (can't blame you), save and go for it.
I could always try, but it probably would be til next july before I could finally afford to get one. I saw one in the classifieds on here for 4k a week or so go, it was nearly exactly what I wanted in a GTR, except for the after market bodykit where I'd prefer the original GTR bodykit

Shall have to look around a bit more whilst saving more cash

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
welcome to the club steve have a look in the for sale section as there are cars coming up all the time and there well looked after by the members

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Welcome to the club, if you really want a GTR then save on up, with either the GTST or GTR it's def worth saving and waiting for just what you want.

They always pop up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts