Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a remap at RSP recenty, and they fitted a gizzmo B/C at the the same time.

I running with a std turbo, fmic, full exhaust, STD elbow.

When I turn on the ignition the B/C flashes up two figures 2 (map number #) followed by 0.9 (Boost)

Should i be concerned with 0.9? I understand 0.85 is about the max with a std turbo.

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
I believe 0.8 is safe and 0.85 is max on standard turbo\ internals, not sure how the Gizzmo BC works link to the manual below

http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/pdf/IBC Instruction.pdf

See Start Up Sequence on page 5, looks like the 0.9 is the boost pressure for loaded memory option

·
Registered
886 Posts
It really depends on the condition of your turbo. Some people get away with setting their boost to over 0.85bar on the standard turbo, some people don't. I'm one of the latter! I had my boost set to 0.8bar on my profec B spec 2 but it spiked with a peak boost reading of 0.92kpa (so 0.92bar) and it shattered my exhaust turbine :( That was after one day of it being on!

The general rule of thumb is 0.85bar max on a standard ceramic turbo.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
My dad is suffering the same problem. Same spec as yours but his Gizmo seems to spike at 0.96bar. Now I know this only happens for a split second but is this safe?

I run a Profec B II which has an alarm feature which reduces the boost if you hit that alarm point but not sure the Gizmo has this feature.

I'm wondering whether to get him to sell the Gizmo and go for one of the top Jap brands.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ah! Im having the exact same problem, running the same mods too, front mount, straight through exhaust with standard elbow. Standard turbo and a gizzmo. Just seems to boost to 0.9bar easily and beyond sometime when really going for it. I just want the gizzmo to hold it at minimum boost! Which i thought was .7bar. gone through 1 turbo so far. I tested the actautor and it opens the wastegate at .7 - .8 bar. Theres no boost leaks. I dont understant it. Driving me insane.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As for the 0.9bar you see that flashes on your gizzmo, thats the boost level its set to. When you start up, the gizzmo flashes which memory setting you are using (theres 4 memories for different boost levels so you can change between them if you want) so i guess its flashes '1' then it flashes what that boost level is that its set to hold. So 0.9 bar in your case. Sam

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Red mist,

It is nothing to worry about. The unit has not been set to .9bar. This is a peak reading you have hit. .9bar will olny of been for a split second if that. If you look at the unit when on full throttle you'll see that the boost will be a constant .8/.85bar.

·
Seasoned Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Red mist,

It is nothing to worry about. The unit has not been set to .9bar. This is a peak reading you have hit. .9bar will olny of been for a split second if that. If you look at the unit when on full throttle you'll see that the boost will be a constant .8/.85bar.
Thanks for the confirmation guys. Thanks for putting up with my paranoia yet again! LOL :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts