Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't help thinking that an R34 (blue might be best) would look REALLY good with the roof cut off and turned into a convertible. Obviously lots of stiffening would be required to keep the handling sweet.

Am I sick, or does anyone agree with me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mock

I've tried butchering a couple of pics of R34's to see the general effect - I get a bit stumped when it comes to filling in the bit where the back seats and front of boot lid would be, but even so the pics still show that it could look pretty cool.

Would probably need a T-bar between the back of the doors and the windscreen (triumph stag stylee) to keep it rigid and keep the windscreen from landing on your head.

Thing is, who's mad enough to cut the roof of a skyline and risk ruining it - maybe if I win the lottery.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear one you could probably fit where the battery and hicas are, though the battery might need to be moved to the boot.

I you put a t-bar on like I suggested earlier then that could be braced down between the rear seats - wouldn't look pretty but would add a lot of front-back stiffness.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
The S15 is the best looking convertable..

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
I'd like to give the creator of this convertible the credit but I don't remember who did it. A good convertible job I think.
As a laugh I made it a 3-wheeler. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HEHE

Love it, might be a bit scary though, specially on the brakes.

What about 2 wheels at the front and one great bit fan one at the back ? Shame the hicas would probably have to go.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Moshchops.
From memory it was Durzel who did the origional of this...

It always made me chuckle though

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts