Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a nice sounding system in my R33 when I get it back. Whats the best amp, I want a four channel one to run a sub and front speakers. I used to run 2 Phoenix Gold ZX ones in my sunny.......any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hiya Lisa,

Some of the best Amps i have run and i would recommend to anyone without thinking twice, would be the, the Genesis Amps.

Try a Genesis 5 Channel Amp it is a Seriously great piece of kit.

If i can help further feel free to drop me a mail.

Regards,
AK

The Original Scouser
:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
i've allways used Jackson/XS Audio or Kicker.

I used to install ICE for a living, not just head units, Complete, from the cabling upwards.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good, will have to look into it!! the only problem I have at the mo is that when I turn the sound up mega loud....I get a funny wiggle from the rear end (of the car!)...is the sound affecting something??

·
Registered
34 Posts
You will probobly find that the huge current draw of an amp pumping out huge amounts onf bass is having an effect on the HICAS computer.

have heard of other Skylines with HICAS doing this aswell, so you are not alone.

I believe that the only way to stop this is to Turn it down - Nissan pspoilsports!

·
Registered
161 Posts
The vibe VP4 is a very good amp as for what it kicks out and being digital it doesn't draw as much as most other amps do. Nice and slim aswell.

·
Registered
952 Posts
hi lisa,
i personally would say go for pheonix gold or genesis. i have a huge install and im now running genesis. i have two pheonix amps for sale if u want them too. they run like a dream. let me know asap. if u want any more info on sounds etc let me know as i get everything trade price.

cheers

·
R34 GTR MP3
57 Posts
ME AND A FEW MATES USE DIRECTED AMPS VERY RELIABLE GREAT SOUND AND BUILD QUALITY. ALSO THEY DONT DRAIN YOUR BATTERY. I USED TO GET THE HICAS LIGHT COME ON FROM TIME TO TIME WHEN ID BE CRANKING MY SYSTEM BUT NOT SINCE IVE STARTED USING THESE AMPS.
I HAVE A MATE WHO SUPPLY'S AND INSTALLS SYSTEMS. HE CAN DO YOU SOME GOOD PRICES ON THEM. IF YOUR INTERESTED LET ME KNOW AND IL PM YOU HIS NUMBER

Tony

·
Registered
952 Posts
i like the directed stuff too. i have a pair of the competition 12s. from past experience though they dont perform as good as the genesis amps or pg. there not bad for the price of them though. my mate is sponsored by them and he only put them in cos he didnt have to pay much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Genesis

Tiggs,
go into any genesis supplier or reputable car audio shop , ask him to crank up his best amp and a genesis amp for an hour. (his best amp should be the genesis!!). The best of the rest will still be warm / hot to touch, however the gensis will be roughly the same temp as it was before!!! Heat really does let most amps down, trust me on this as i work in electronics / comms , so go with the genesis. As for power drain, just get a second batt in the boot if you are that worried about it. Its not as much work or hassle as you might think.

jason

·
Registered
952 Posts
or you can just listen to the three genesis amps in my competition install that kicks out around 14db i play em all day and they never get warm. but as u know (cos u have had pg amps) neither to the pheonix gold. it seems like people hear are trying to get you to go to high street shops and there mate!(do u guys take a commision) lol:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts