Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about an auction area to give everyone a fair chance of buying some of the items for sale. would be better than putting dibs on things and might even make more money for the seller and as putting a price on things is kinda hard it would take that part away too.

it could be used for both private sellers and traders. it wouldnt take up much room as when the item is sold the thread for that could be deleted.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
I don't know about his guys, could be an absolute nightmare to regulate.

·
Registered
817 Posts
what we do on another buy/sell forum is have a finish time say 19:00 18/03/2008
whoever has the highest bid at that time gets the item.
works fine on there
:iagree: Great idea! :D Its often difficult to value an item , espesh secondhand. Should maybe have a maximum period of a week?

I think this could be the fairest way for both buyers AND sellers and shouldn't need regulating.

·
Seasoned Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont see why that would be more fair than who comes first got it.
just thought it would be easier than first come first served and takes away the dibs.

also makes it fairer cos not all of us are at the pc when things are put up for grabs so loads can miss out on that "most wanted" item

·
Registered
660 Posts
cant see how you would have problems with legalities any more than with sellin as we already do.

can even be in the same formats as the threads but just with an automatic closing time on the thread thus leaving whoever posted the highest bid to be the winner. and you would have to pay but why would you bid if you didnt want to pay

i think its a great idea as it'll allow people who aren't always online when things come up for dibs to have a chance to buy the item like "arferf**ksake" mentioned

·
516ATF and RWD......Nutter!!
1,685 Posts
As said leave it to ebaY.

You also run this risk of "friends" bumping up the price in a bidding war.

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
As said leave it to ebaY.

You also run this risk of "friends" bumping up the price in a bidding war.

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!
ah good point :)

·
Seasoned Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well said stutsy and id be more inclined to trust people on here rather than on ebay too.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I think we either need to look at doing bidding on here OR if we're going to leave it to ebay then we're going to need to allow links to ebay.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts