Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone explain to me why my skyline uses twice the fuel when the heating is on.

In general my skyline will do 200miles on a full tank.
With the heating on I get 100miles which is crazy!!

I didn't buy the car to worry about the fuel costs cause it's to much fun but this seems daft.

Befor anyone says the aircon is on it ain't! I have the climate controls with the fan on and the ac off you can hear the compresor going on and off when you turn the aircon off/on.

Can anyone help??

Many thanks

James:vader:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Can't say I've heard of that problem before mate, I did a 350 mile round trip the other week on one tank with the heating on all the time.

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Odd! The only thing I could think of is the heating somehow keeps the temperature low enough that the car runs it's 'choke' settings, thinking it's cold and running mega rich? Duff water temp sensor?

Or the fan is knackered and is draining a serious amount of power and loading the engine right up (although surely that wouldn't have much of an affect).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The running rich thing could be the one as the car does smell a little fuely when I have been on a run.

Any other signs of this??

Anyone know what i would need to do to fix the problem??

James

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What on earth

Can't say I've heard of that problem before mate, I did a 350 mile round trip the other week on one tank with the heating on all the time.
How did you get 350 miles on a tank mine is a std GTSt and I will be lucky to get 200miles!!

And I dont even thrash the car to get that!!

James:vader:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
If I drive the car around town ( local and A roads ) I get about 210 to a tank. On a long drive ( fast roads ) I get somewhere between 310 - 350 at best. It mainly comes down to how much I floor it.

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
If you are turning your heat to the windshield you need to check if it isn't turning the AC on too, I had that problem. But as for something else, you may have a messed up water temperature sensor as mentioned above.

I normally get 250 miles per tank. I do give the car hell most every tank at least once or twice.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks where is the best place to go for a remap.
I live in Shropshire/midlands if someone can recomend and give me a rough costing?

Thanks

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
RSP is the most talked about and probably the most respectable for tuning Skyline ECU's in the European countries. I would suggest that one too, they have a mail-in program they can set up with you.

·
Sits at home thinking am I normal ???????
853 Posts
i get about 270 to 300 mile s with a stage 1 and i would check the fueling as 100 miles to a tank is crazy

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
i made it from here to germanys nurburgring on a tank and a half of fuel :D:D:D

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts