Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although he sold his Skyline a few years ago and was not on the scene much thereafter, I'm sure the longstanding participants of North east meets will remember Andy.

Sadly, he passed away on Thursday this week, due to complications during an operation at hospital.

He was an ex-national grass track racing champion, very competent driver on and off track. He and I spent many happy weekends on track together, at events and meets at The Angel. After he sold the car, we kept in touch, though only once or twice a year.
He married Liz a few years ago and my heart felt wishes go to her and his family.

There is a post on GTR.co.uk, but I thought those of you who had met him, in the flesh, should be aware of his sad passing.

Top bloke, big hearted, would do anything for anyone and never asked for anything in return.

He had probably one of the best track/fast road GTS-T R33s [Dirk Schoysman drove it at the Ring and told Andy it was one of the best setups he'd driven in the model], took stick from all of us due to the graphics and then moved to a monster 650bhp R34 GTR...and still took stick for the graphics on that as well!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His "requiem mass" will be 16 December 10:00am at "Our Lady & St Wilfrids RC Church", Blyth - NE24 1EA, followed by private interment and then drinks at The Eagle Pub, Albion Way, Blyth, NE24 5BJ.

·
Super Moderator
8,957 Posts
Sad news, RIP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts