Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that i can upload full size pics i thought i'd start sharing my project with the Skyline world.
Sorry about the hazy pic,we had 'SUN' on the day.
I didn't fancy a pillar mount or dash top pod so took a gamble on a GTR climate panel having the same wiring connections--bugger me,it did!
Once that was fitted i E-Bayed an ally gauge plate,mounted it on a stereo blanking panel and covered it in black felt.Then inserted smoked boost and volt gauges.Looks awesome day and night.

:drivin:

·
PR/Media Representative
3,183 Posts
Looking sweet buddy, and after seeing her today with all of the other bits that are being done, I'd say this is going to be a cracking project. Looking forward to seeing more, well done on your work so far mate.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Maccer,she'll never be a good as your 33 tho.
Roll on the weekend so i can do some more,half way through a stainless air box at the mo.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made a start on the engine bay too.I'm going for the blue/polished/black look,in case you hadn't guessed.
Started cleaning 10 years of grime off the panel work too,only gave up coz i stubbed my fingers once too often!!OUCH!

FMIC was fitted about 4 weeks ago.Gave it a little custom touch too.
Please excuse the "O",gotta get sum silver and touch it up.
Just need a narrower plate now.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All the wat from OZ.Look the mutts nutts.

Fitted in about half an hour.Deflectors got in the way but managed without removing them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,I'm back with a couple more bits done.

Little bit more turned blue.

Looking loads better already.

Cam cover need to be sorted next.
Thanks to E-Bay,got some tasty Alcantara gaiters.

Saturday 18th April saw the gearbox out.

And what was,or rather wasn't, left of the origional clutch plate.

Nice new XTD 25% uprated,fast road clutch kit in place.

Weetabix and a couple of mates at the ready to lift the box back in.

After 2.5 hrs it was all done and feels so much better,pedal is lighter too.
Got a police unfriendly front plate too now.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also fitted an alluminium look speedo surround.
Not the best fitting mod but it was only a tenner so i didn't expect it to be brilliant.Looks different tho and that was the idea.

·
PR/Media Representative
3,183 Posts
Nice work there buddy, she's starting to look very smart. With regard to the police unfriendly number plate, come get the authoritive paper from me if you've not already got it. Well done mate Jobs a good 'un!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Little bit more done this week.
A big thanks to Maccer for the use of his Autosol,and expertise. :wave:
I thought my wheels were clean--ish.
Maccer thought different!!

Not really clean at all.

Then Maccer and i got to work.

The finished result is great-well impressed.
Followed by a quick wipe down with Maguires detailer.
Then a fresh photo shoot.

Not forgetting Mrs Maccer who helped out untill the boys got thirsty.
Lovely cups of tea--thank you. :cheers:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A very pleasing result was had yesterday (sat 30th) at a mate of mines Ford garage. He had an RS meet with the addition of a rolling road session, £30 for 3 runs. I was more than happy with the result. Car has front mount,Kakimoto exhaust and Apexi induction. :grinno:

Strapped down ready for the off.

Straining at the bit.

Figure is looking good. Showed all the Focus boys what real power is-the highest run of the day came in the form of Skyline Power.
Re-map is next on the list.

I'd like to say a big thanks to the guys from NTR. I was expecting around 270 so was very happy with 298.1.
Also thanks to Pete Brace and his boys from Tarnock Ford for organising the day.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Mate,
Thanks for your good comments,i'm well impressed with the wheels.
She's still on standard boost at present.Got a Blitz boost controller fitted but not plumbed it in yet.Still waiting for someone to turn up to a meet who can set it up properly.Despite me being a technician for toyota it baffles me.

·
PR/Media Representative
3,183 Posts
Well those are very good figures mate, and she looks nice and spangly. Have to be honest Jeff the cars coming along nicely mate, an absolute credit to you well done buddy. Glad your happy with the pics also. Keep up the good work mate.

·
Registered
337 Posts
ahhhhhh my eyes....

the shine is incredible. looks really nice jeff, white if definetly the best colour.

gunk will get the engine nice and clean and only sprays on wipes off very little effort, if your coming camping to brean this weekend i'll see if ive got any in the car to give you a had if you bring some rags matey.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank for the good comments Lee.
Cleaning up the engine bay is next on the list,
thanks for the advice.
Not gonna be able to make the camping trip,
off to see Monster Trucks in Cardiff.
Have a good time tho mate.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts