Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from work and I got a bit cocky in the wet and twatted the kerb with my front bumper/ splitter, it doesn't look too bad but on closer inspection I can it is cracked - the thing is it looks like my bumper comes in two sections the top part has the light assembly and half the number plate sits in it, the bottom sections which is about 10" has 5 slots in it, 2 big ones, 2 small ones underneath and 1 big one in the middle with an upwards 45 degree lip, on most bumpers you see there is like a line half way up, it looks like it sort of fits on that line, it may well be one whole unit that just looks like two parts. I have looked at JAPSALON and POW - R - the one that comes closest is the blue one at the bottom of POW - R's front section for R33 GTS. I now know you're going to say put a picture on and I wish I could but I don't know how to yet. I know it is a stab in the dark but any suggestions will be better than what I've got because I cannot find it anywhere.

Pppppppplease Help

LEE.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
You are gonna have to sort out putting a picture up mate, then someone on here will know straight away.
May help to use some time up over Xmas playing with the attach file button.

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
just hit the browse button where it says attatch file and it should bring up your pics,you then choose the one you want,think you have to start a new thread though?

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
no, should be able to attach to an existing thread...just cant use the quick reply box at the bottom, will have to use the proper reply button on the right...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Lee if you have a picture email it to me, if you don't you can pop around after Chrimbo and I will take one with my digital camera.

J

·
0 Posts
Hi there lee . sorry to hear of your prang ....

if its any good to you I can actually repair the bumper if its plastic or grp as i work with both products might be worth a visit to my work shop in the new year pop the broken one of and we,ll sort out a repair .

send a pic to me and i,ll advise you either way .

cheers Gary

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi mate will try and get a picture on asap been trying for an hour with no luck. hopefully grinder can help me out. where are you based ?

J

·
0 Posts
hi

Hi , im in wokingham berks nr reading If the splitter bitz are detatchable then you can leave the broken one with me and pick her up later .Is the car a m2 type m one lee

J

·
0 Posts
OUCH ....

is the lower part of the bumper an add on it looks like it to me depending how its been attached usually sikoflex or strong double sided tape if its get offable then I can repair that for you .

if you give me a call in the new year we can sort a plan of action for you yeah .

cheers Gary

happy new year

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know why no one has spotted this as its so obvious!
Its the GTS-T type m bumper that has been chopped to fit some lower part of another bumper. You can see this chop where it doesn't line up near the number plate.. also you can see a difference in paint colour between the old gts bumper and this new add on.

Looks nice by the way..nicest gts-t bumper chop i have seen.
hope the repair goes well.

regards

Jonathon

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah you did mate but i wasn't sure lee knew exactly which bumper the original was, as he was still asking after your post.

Nice splitter AL&claire looks great how much did that one set you back?

regards

Jonathon

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everybody for your help. I do have my splitter going in for repair on Monday ( seen some of his work and it is A1) and he is only a couple of miles from my house. Ghostrider - thanks for the offer to help me out, but as I found this guy closer to home I have decided to use him as I am looking at another £60/£70 just for juice on top of the work.

Thanks
LEE.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts