Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

New owner from the south coast, Southampton to be exact :)

She's a 96' R33 GTR in the best colour ever, white :cool:

Picked her up last week, and she's back in the garage as she won't boost, just get a loud banshee howl similar to when you hoover a cat up :(

Hope to meet some of you in the future when i can finally get to a few meets.
A few piccies below, and the fogs are going, when i finally get her back

Cheers

Danny

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Hey Danny! :wave: Nice car you have there, and agree those fogs have to go! Hope you get the car fixed soon! :D

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Welcome mate! :wave:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you get her from a jap car tuners on the way in to gosport by anychance?
Nope, got her from a Top Blitz in pompey.

And she may be going back, as i've just had a call from the garage about the weird howl, and both turbos are gone :eek: the ebc was defective and blew them both :confused: :confused:

I've driven her from pompey to southampton, and to asda's once :(

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
hi danny welcome mate, im in pompey where abouts is that garage mate, also we have so many members here in the south and we meet monthly or more regular and go for a bit of a blast, also if you have any questions just ask mate we will do our best to help you out.....sounds like a boost pipe has come off mate....if you want me to have a quick look for ya let me know mate....keith

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi danny welcome mate, im in pompey where abouts is that garage mate, also we have so many members here in the south and we meet monthly or more regular and go for a bit of a blast, also if you have any questions just ask mate we will do our best to help you out.....sounds like a boost pipe has come off mate....if you want me to have a quick look for ya let me know mate....keith
Top Blitz are in Fratton, but the car is currently at Mission Motorsport in Fareham, who said they have checked everything, pipework, ebc, and the turbos.

They said they didn't find any bits of turbos or anything like that, but it goes from -7 to the 0 and thats when the weird howl starts, and the needle stays at 0 ( running the oem boost gauge)

The ebc was disconnected and it was still beeping saying that it had gone up to 2.45 bar :eek:

It would be great if you could have a look, but not sure its safe driving an R33 GTR NA :rofl:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Mission Motorsport in Fareham, Thats where i`ve seen it before .On the A32 on the way into gosport. It had been there for a while then disappeared a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
danny ill pm you my number and give me a ring tomorrow about 2pm and ill be back in pompey by 4 so if you want i can have a look then mate.....keith
Cheers Keith, i'll speak to Mission as they said i could still drive the car, i'm just a tad worried about it.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Welcome to the club, There's a southern meet this sat at ower just down the M27 towards salisbury, details are in the south central section.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the club, There's a southern meet this sat at ower just down the M27 towards salisbury, details are in the south central section.
Cheers :) will be there if i can but not too happy about turning up in an R33-GTR NA :shakehead: :rofl:

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
Hi mate welcome to the forum, there are loads of members in Southampton and surrounding area and we all meet up regularly and hold a monthly meet. I am sure you will get the car sorted. I have just sold my old gtr turbos but if you pop on the for sale section you may find some come up on there!!!

Hope it all works out

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers Simmie :)

And a big thanks to BigChief and Richard, for the chat this afternoon and for putting my mind at rest:)

Looking forward to meeting up at the weekend and seeing your cars and showing you mine and the hoovered cat noise :D

·
South Central Area Rep
270 Posts
HI im stu im your south central rep please keep checking the south central section and come along to our meets be great to meet u
any info you need on anything just ask

1 - 19 of 19 Posts