Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, back again!!!

I changed the diff oil in my diff (Syn5) (I think its a 2 way) and its now really really noise and clunky......it sounds a lot more like a welded diff now.

Its still silent in a straight line, but the noise starts a lot earlier in the turn now and is very loud on full lock......it seems to be worse once I have done a few miles (maybe because its got warm?).....

Would appreciate your thoughts / advice.....one thought is that the guy I bought it off (I think he thought that the diff was knackered) had put in some really thick stuff to make it quiet - he certainly didn't know that it was a 2 way diff when he sold it.....

Thanks again

Sam

·
Registered
490 Posts
If it is a 2way there pretty loud. My Kaaz 2way is ridicules in car parks.

My Friend had a nismo or cusco and it was pretty quiet once it was broke in.

I like to joke with people when there riding in my car and don't know what that sound is. I say oh my god you hear that to i think my car is fooked.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I like to joke with people when there riding in my car and don't know what that sound is. I say oh my god you hear that to i think my car is fooked.
I do that with the scoobs diff.. Put into full lock mode and turn the wheel, drive and it jumps, Lol.... Oh S***, what has happened..Lol..

Sounds normal Sam, if you have an uprated Diff

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - just seems a bit strange that it has become so much louder since I changed the oil......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts