Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised myself with my skyline I would only do "top of the line" brand name products on my car.
buttt
these no name intercooler kits on ebay are looking very tempting.
200 bucks shipped all day long, combared to 5 or 6 or 1200 dollars for a greddy or hks kit. Even the cheapest brand name kit is more than twice the price of a no name ebay kit.
its crazy, does anyone have experience on these no name kits? performance wise and quality wise.

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
I've got a Japspeed off the trader from here. You should see if he can ship to the US.

Its a very good intercooler lots of people have them on here... so its a trusted source.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I agree Stusy, I went for the Japspeed GTR style intercooler, great value for money, top quality and seems to work well with my other bits when it came to dyno time.
I thought the same when I got mine, I was only going to get all the big name stuff, that's OK if you've got very big pockets, sometimes you have to take a chance on lesser known but recommeneded stuff. Japspeed haven't let me down on any of their products.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i dont like the idea of paying double just because a name has been stamped into a flat peice of ally,imo a cooler is a cooler

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
i have a few bits from paul @ japspeed inter cooler, full exhaust+ screamer pipe ans a front strut brace and they are all high quality top class parts so you cant go wrong with his stuff :)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I got the Japspeed one also. Excellent price and prompt delivery. My only criticism was the brackets in the fitting kit. They are miles too short and will have to be 'botched'.

you should also be aware of the fueling issues that are likely to come as a result of the fmic if you dont already have supporting mods.

Long as your aware of this, then i'd say to go with the japspeed kit.

·
Registered
322 Posts
when you say fuelling issues? can this be a bad thing as i'm planning on fitting a fmic when i get a pipe kit for it, i've got an r33 gtst by the way,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts