Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
dawnseeker
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've already done a search on ati-freeze and coolants, and have no probs on how to top it up(he says!). I just want to double check, that theres not actually a special type of anti-freeze or coolant required is there ? ie my supra was topped up wth Toyota branded four seasons coolant . .

·
dawnseeker
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orange pinky anti-freeze LOL . . that sounds like the same stuff my Dad used to put in his Morris Marina !!!! LOL . . cool I'll get some and see how it goes.

·
4,143 Posts
i just found out mine hasn't got anti freeze in my car and hasn't had any for two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just hope nothing is wrong with my engine now or corroded the block

·
R32 2 R33 2 R34 ZTUNE PLZ
382 Posts
A question i was going to ask today as well as was so cold last night.
I took mine for a quick check as was told it was water only,and then told it had to be a different one then normal.

·
Mark_V
299 Posts
Get the Comma Green, it is approved by Nissan, and covers you for 2 years. If you want to be really picky only add distilled water and you end up with the BMW long life mix. I will be changing mine in 2 weeks when I do the cambelt. Comma do a complete range for all manufacturers :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've got the comma 3 year stuff. No problems.

One thing I noticed is because its a iron block you get loads of gunk in there if it hasn't been changed for a while. Make sure you give it a good flush as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ive brought some off oil man site thinks its called cool blue or somthing but its from silkolene! think it was about £15 - 25 for a bottle of 5 litre any anti freeze should be fine! but the good ones have the extra rust inhibiters
ive mixed mine with 50% water.... i know its a bit strong but more antifreeze = better rust protection but worse heat transfer! add more water to your antifreeze for the summer! and remember to use either boiled water if you cant get any distilled water or de -ionised water

1 - 11 of 11 Posts