Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96649&highlight=Anti+lag&page=2 post #21
Poor mans antilag??

Whilst there is no official Apexi plug in Anti Lag and Datalogit Antilag is broken you can do a "poor mans antilag". This is at zero cost and is merely amusing and a bit of fun, I don't think it does any good (and might not be safe).

1. SETTING
2. IGN MAP
3. Change the top row (row P01) to be all zero's (the number 0) for IGN timing.
4. Drive around and listen to the car pop and backfire on gearchange

This is because on gear change the AFM momentarily drops its air when the throttle body closes so AFM drops into load point P01 (most times, not %100). So the result is, the engine drops to 0deg IGN timing for a split second and it pops and backfires on gearchange, race car style. This may not be safe and suitable for ceramic exhaust wheel'd turbo cars as it could cause exhaust wheel failure from heat. Logic says it should bring on boost a bit quicker but it doesn't appear to do squat. Traditional anitlag backs off timing on gearchange and dumps fuel, but keeps the throttle nailed so keep exhaust gas flowing

Tempted to give this a go but, I'm pretty sure my rows down the left hand side are L's?

Meaning my top row would be a LO1.

I don't have any P rows, along the tops are H if i remember correctly?

Can anyone shed some light to this:apoke:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
This type of anti lag (if I read correctly) is similar to afterburn.

Dump fuel through the system to keep the turbo spinning, but back the timing right off.

EGT's usually rise dangerously...

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm not on a std turbo by a long shot!

Surely this is the same as a Bee-R, killing the ignition but not fuel, only difference this time it happens while deaccellerating instead of accellerating and i'm guessing for a shoter time?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mate i've been in your ride loadsa times our lag aint that bad go for 70% methanol it will make a difference
Why go down, I run 100%

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not running a BB turbo, but the usual 360 thrust.

So do we think doing this will be no worse than a Bee-R?

Also is there an easy way of turning on injector over run?

So can anyone shed some light on the PO1 actually being LO1?

·
Always Seeking Perfection
1,616 Posts
I haven tryed it yet, i was going by what was said on the Paul PFC site thing on the Austrailan skyline site,

Reviewing my data, after a drag run or normal drive, you map only touchs the top row for a split second on gear changes ( letting the ecl off ) before moving to rows 2-3 (P)

Ill be trying it out in the end of the week, if it is as bad as you's guys are saying surly it would be safer to go to 3-5deg on the top row instead of 0 (less flame).

left to right is Revs N01-N20
Up and down is Load P01-P20

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gonna try it on mine tonight, if its to aggressive i'll try adding a few degree's and if its still to bad i'll put her back to normal.

I ran injector over run on my pulsar and although it popped and banged a lot in 3 years i never had any probs, i wont let it be any worse than that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts