Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening chaps.

I have been talking with Martin from MB Automotive and have came to the conclusion that i fancy getting a feeling a bit like thus
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167451

So, we have hatched a bit of a plan, with the details to be hammered out yet. But is there anyone that fancies this ? As said, details are to be hammered out. But, i have experience of using a set of rollers, dyno dynamics in Armagh, were flexible in renting rollers to me before.

The plan is 4 cars as a minumum, more cars then Martin will stay more nights, simples. the list so far is

Myself (rb25 on powerFC)
Niall (rx7 on powerFC)

Martin will map the basics on rollers, then spend a lot of time on the road mapping live. Martin brings his own driver to events like this, simply because he has built a relationship with a driver he trusts and they can work with eachother and that the driver is experienced in driving fast cars, which is very fair. We all know the risks of road mapping and it does require fairly good driver commitment so the safer this can be made the better.

All sorts of pricing details and stuff are yet to be decided, this is simply a interest thread. But, it looks possible to be in May time. The price will be his usual mapping price, then the overheads of transport hotel etc will be covered and split by the numbers.
But a powerFC full map is £320, obviously this is probably most common system but he can do others, Martin will be along soon to confirm what he can map and what cars he is happy to map also

The dyno when last used it was £50 per hour, 2 hours tops is apparently required dyno time, possibly even a hour, then the road mapping begins. This price may have changed but i will confirm that tomorrow, and that there still able to help out with roller rent.

So, any interest ? I hope this is fine for area moderators me posting this, he is a paying trader on here at end of the day :)

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Can be added, Anyone that knows how hard it is to find a R33 rb25 powerFC... bloddy hard. Martin can offer a nistune solution fitted and mapped, on the day. With prior arrangement with Martin, so he can prepare a nistune into a ecu and bring with him.

·
No longer a rep :( but still here :)
6,432 Posts
Martin mapped my old car and it was so so smooth! He took me for a spin when i went down there and it pulled like a train, but also i could drive at 20mph in 5th gear and no judder!! It was as smooth as you like, absolutely awsome powers he has!! He's like a tuning wizard

·
Seasoned member
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Martin will be along soon lads, to post in this thread so fear not more info is on its way, On systems he can map, what he can offer.
Dave

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would have been myself only I need it mapped asap as I'm running an rb25 in my r32 and still on the rb20 ecu and it's running pig rich. It's a nightmare when cold, keeps fouling the plugs till it warms up a bit and I doubt that's very good for the engine. Meant to be dropping the car off this weekend to get done otherwise I would surely have been up for this.

Oh well, they say timings a ***** sometimes, but whatever :dogpile:

·
keep it side ways
1,413 Posts
I may be very interested in this but not sure if my car will be ready for may as i was in a bad car accident last Thursday and i am still in hospital and will not be back on my feet properly for roughly 2 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts