Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I thought id lend a hand and give advice (if needed) on Autoglym products retail & trade. I work for Jaguar in Hull which is were I attained my full autoglym authorised technician status. many autoglym products can be used for multiple usages which not everyone knows about i'm happy to help & answer questions which may make your usage of Autoglym products more pleasant and easy.

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,606 Posts
I used the AG black dye few weeks ago on my 33 roof cloth.
Came out well. Love the AG aerosol glass cleaner.

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the AG black dye few weeks ago on my 33 roof cloth.
Came out well. Love the AG aerosol glass cleaner.

the Aerosol glass cleaner is a very good product a small secret (in the lifeshine installation process there is a ''glass guard'' to it) all that is, is the none aerosol version of Glass cleaner :)

Black dye was produced for the intention of roof linings, sun visors, floor matts, fading in door cards.

ive heard of people try to fully spray dye there seats LOL this works for about a week then the friction of going in and out of the car soon transfers the dry dye particals to your clothing lol.

example of black dye been used on Skyline parts

foot well before treatment

after treatment

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
bodywork gloss protectant.

the original process included having to polish the car prior but there is a new forumla out for the BGP which means you just TFR, clay bar and Tar & Glue remover the exterior. thus meaning you do not need to polish the car now prior to installing the BGP. its a simple process of once you have got it all on the car (do not apply to plastics or glass) you just remove it off with a fresh microfiber. diluted TFR does not effect the product when re washing the car nore does shampoo conditioner but neat TFR will along with T&G remover.

the life shine PDI kit consists of

two microfibers
interior protectant
small square sponge to apply interior protectant
glass guard
Bodwork gloss protectant
nozzle
polishing cloth
instructions
warranty card

there are alot of PDI kits for sale on ebay dont be fooled by the OLD PDI where the BGP is the old formula.

how the inside of the new PDI kit looks

comes with a garentee which only a dealership can activate.

be aware the lifeshaine warranty does not cover PLASTICS so if your front and rear bumper is plastic it does not cover it nore does it cover a car over 5+ years in age.

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi ya matt AG have released a new Paint Pro package

works wonders when used correctly with a rotary. 10 passes at 600-800rpm then increase speed to 1,300-1,500rpm

it is a two stage process first compound removes around 8 micronssecond finer compound removes 2-3microns

example photos of a boot on a Jaguar XJ I corrected

Before

after

view from a distance

Starlet rear boot before treatment

after

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh to add matt the AG compounds do not contain fillers so the end product really is the end product. to do a test with other products simply compound a panel which you think at the end looks amazing then tar and glue it & wipe away with a clean microfiber, fillers will be removed & the real work will be present. 3M series of compounds are renound for having fillers present. does not mean there a bad product it just depends if your a bodyshop wanting cars out quickly or if your a detailer/valeter wanting to perfect paint.

·
Central Scotland Area Rep
2,447 Posts

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its a 3m compound i used and after re polishing with meguires the results where piss poor to be honest swirl marks still visible and paintwork was milky/hazzy

this is what i used followed by 3 stage meguires

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-50417-Fast-Cut-Plus-Compound-1kg-/160793540489?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item25700ab789&_uhb=1
fast cut is for deep scratches not really for swirls. it removes about 14microns which is alot more harsh then AG's agressive cutting compound. you can go the next step and actually wet dry your engine car panel by panel with 2000 grade wet n dry sand paper & then use fast cut on a low speed to polish the flatting marks from the wet n dry after that you could use the Fine compound by AG :). then a nice coat of Radiant Wax and a couple of coats of HD Wax.

·
Minnie mouse is my b***h
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does AG have the potion for that foam shower thing what people use when doing a full detail on there vechile...
snow foam Laura.

yes its called AG pressure wash

needs to be used in conjunction with a snow foam bottle which is added to the end of your pressure washer

hope this has helped you Laura :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
^^ Is snow foam really all its cracked up to be? I see it used a lot on detailing sites but not been swayed onto trying it out yet

Also... How does HD Wax stack up against EGP? My EGP is running out and have heard good things about both, but HD Wax was four times more expensive :cheers:

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
I use autobrites snow foam and I like it, defo makes a difference in loosening the dirt before I wash the car with a wash mitt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts