Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to do my clutch before 14th-15th of july as its gone, i want to do it myself for the experiance as no dought i will have to do it again one day, but just incase i get stuck i wondered if anybody is around the midlands (derby) area which i could ask any info from, or if anybody fancies helping me theres plenty of beer tokens available!!!:40oz: :cheers:

throw your names forward :notworthy :drivin:

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
For what its worth, its a straightforward job. I had a nice little sideline going in fitting these. How competent are you with the spanners. What clutch are you going to fit. If its a twin plate you will struggle big time without the special tool to align the plates up. If i lived closer i would gladly come and help you. Sorry mate

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
I would say rwd is a lot easier to work on than fwd as you have more room. Just watch out for the top starter bolt as thats awkward to get at, dont forget to disconnect the gear lever ( easy to forget) inside the car under the 2 rubber covers held in with a circlip. Oh and the box is a heavy old barsteward!!!! Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
got to do my clutch before 14th-15th of july as its gone, i want to do it myself for the experiance as no dought i will have to do it again one day, but just incase i get stuck i wondered if anybody is around the midlands (derby) area which i could ask any info from, or if anybody fancies helping me theres plenty of beer tokens available!!!:40oz: :cheers:

throw your names forward :notworthy :drivin:
dont worry mate they r a doddle take the center cover of the gear stick 4 10mm bolts under neath that c clip holding the gear stick in go under neath take the slave cylinder of 2 12mm undo couple of wire connections take the prop of from the middle 4 14mm nuts and bolts 2 14mm startermotor bolts take six of round the bell housing and the 2 12mm on the exhaust bracket that connects to the gear box and she is out, took me 12 minutes to do mine but mine was on a ramp, good luck though they r easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts