Skyline Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey, I'm cam in the quote above. Was going to post this on here today but i see someone has beaten me to it.

Mint and I thought we should do the honorable thing and post to see if anyone knew the owner before we apply for the LogBook

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RE: Repost; My level of incompetence

With the search never ceases to amaze me....

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Hey, I'm cam in the quote above. Was going to post this on here today but i see someone has beaten me to it.

Mint and I thought we should do the honorable thing and post to see if anyone knew the owner before we apply for the LogBook
Where is it parked!? I keep asking but no-one will tell me. I have my toolbox at the ready :boogy:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Not sure if there is an online check for Ownership.
Like I've said before, if the registration on the car is wrong, you'll need the chassis number to h.p.i. check the car to ascertain the correct registration number, once that is done, theoretically speaking, you'd be in a position to apply for a log book for the correct car. If after 2 weeks from the date of sending a letter to the last known keeper, the dvla haven't received a response then they will issue you a new log book. I add a note of caution, I am not sure of it's legal status but morally that's theft guys, only you know if you can live with your actions and any legal complications that may follow. :disappointed:

·
T3cH Junk13
1,845 Posts
@Gaijin-Samurai: I was checking to see if it still had insurance. That database that I referenced will tell you the make and model of the insured car, and the plate. The data back would be sufficient to make sure the plate matches the car type and colour. Obviously a full HP check and what not would be required to confirm that it's not stolen or wanted due to payments not being kept on it. Apparently you can get that done from £5 these days?

It's not theft if the car is abandoned by the owner. If it turns out to be stolen then it's a recovery and someone can be happy we all helped out.

·
Registered
365 Posts
@arckane: I am referring to the frenzy of excitement at the prospect of whgat seems a free Skyline to some. What if it isn't nicked but the owner needs to get it fixed but can't afford it. What if something has happened to the owner on a personal level that dwarfs the importance of the car and it's removal might be another kick in the teeth to someone who's got more than enough on their plate? Your intentions may well be most honourable but the thread doesn't feel right, we're good people I like to think, afterall, if we knew that person we'd knock this on it's head pronto. That's all.

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
guys as tigger has pointed out in another thread this may be a car that belonged to a friend of hers who died so some tact please.

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
and at that ill lock it as it is a repost anyway lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.