Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really getting pissed off with the car now.... After having the turbo fitted and trying to find a rattle, now the turbo makes a wierd whooshing noise when my foot is taken off the throttle..... :confused: Ive not lost any boost and its still pulls like a train, but now that whooshing has got me annoyed.... Dunno wether its air coming through the screamer??? Just dont know..........

:disappointed:

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im actually contemplating breaking her im that peed off.

:(

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
stop being such a fanny you gonad.
this is all part of owning a skyline when it's all sorted you'll be loveing her again and all thoughts of selling will have gone

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Dont give up so easily man! Mines been off the road for over a year with one thing after another. It's almost done now, just think of the satisfaction you will get when it finally gets finished.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, i know..
not only that though.... A very kind person ~(dav11, cheers mate) gave me the boot look mechanisms i needed, i fit them and my boot still wont fackin shut!!?!?!?!

Lol... I have a very short temper.. :D Need to get someone to look at it.. :( and the tub

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
the noise u descibe does sound like the screamer pipe mate as it is noisy as feck on and off boost buddy so dont worry too much about the whooshing noise the now.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But the whooshin wasnt there this morning, or since i put it on.... it just appeared... ??????????

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Ya'll Get It Sorted M8, How Do Ya Think I Feel, I Only Had Mine A Few Weeks And The Engine **** Itself Bit Time!!!

·
Japspeed Drifter
766 Posts
yeah its the screemer pipe when it comes on and off boost!
mine does it!
dont worry about it dude!

it sounds pimp!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its not the screamer though, lol.... It does it below 2k....... Ill have to have another look in abit and get a proper description up... :D

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
huh, the whooshin noise has stopped but the rattle is still there... Gonna check the fooker checked over...

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
Engine sounds like it's irreversibly shagged. Break the car and I'll take pity on you by buying the engine for my 32.
*shifty look*

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
In Blackpool buddy.. :) Plus its stripped in garage so i wouldnt beable to get to you......

All i can think it is at the mo is if it has something to do with back pressure, (im reading around 10 psi on gauge but it is a bigger tub) but i have done the pidgeon mod for a short time on standard tub and that is a very distinctive chatter. The noise i have is a rattle. Like a washer is loose but it isnt. Unless the recirc is letting some air out and not all of it causing no chatter and a rattle of the blades?!?!?! But it even rattles in the really early revs??.. :dunno: I have a hks ssqv on the way well soon, lol.. So ill fit that and see if it makes it any better??

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Bud just get it booked into a garage and get the rattle and new noise checked out.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
get it sorted mate.youl miss it to much if you sell.someone posted.about how much they miss thers.cos it was in garage...under headline.aaaarrrgghhhh.
you MITE have read it...!!!!!!!!LOL.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yep... That was me :rofl: :rofl: lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts