Skyline Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
yeah theres been some threads about them in the past,not someone i would buy stuff from

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here my experiences about JAM Performance in UK.

I am sorry if something is not so understandable, I try my best to describe everything objective and not getting personal, here is the story:

In March 2009 I bought myself a R32 GTR from HJA. Sadly the engine was burned and not build as described. After 14 days of driving the engine wrecked at 120k on the autobahn. After reassembling the engine we found major problems, nearly every valve was unseal, the head was deformed etc.

So I used the internet to collect information of a couple of dealers and shops to get parts and to rebuild my Skyline properly and soon.

Around June 2009 I finally found JAM Performance and I send them my request for a quote. First I had a very nice contact over weeks to a guy who helped me in anything and gave me a nice address here in Germany where I now let my Skyline repair (MPS Engineering). I reached him all the time via phone and Email and as I was searching the internet for some bad customer experiences, I was not able to find anything. All customers where happy and even in ebay JAM had only good ratings.

So I finally ordered parts for about 2.9k. I had to pay in advance, no chance to do it different. :-(

N1 Nissan GTRBlock
N1 NissanWater Pump
N1 Nissan OilPump
HKSHeadgasket
ARPHEADSTUDS
TOMEIBearings,Rod, crank(Inner, outer,and Center)
D/Pipe Gaskets 30 NA
Gasket Set
HKS TimingBelt
Apexi Datalogit

The guy from JAM told me that I would receive the parts within 4 latest 6 weeks. So I asked him after around 6 -7 weeks for a status. I did not received anything, only excuses and stories and he told me that he is about to build his own workshop and is busy all the time. I understood that and was patient again.

I tried to keep in touch with him but no reply.

Around week 8/10 everything became worse. Suddenly I couldn't reach him at all, no response to any of my Emails and calls. Than he wrote me, apologized again and told me he was close to send me the parts, but I didn’t received anything. So I asked him what kind of business is he doing. I was so much frustrated.

He said that there where some problems with the postoffice and he don't like to handle with a customer like me anymore and he offered me a refund, because I was shouting at him and we had a little dispute. I was pretty angry about the situation and as a very patient customer I drive crazy if someone is lying and is not able to tell me what the hell is going on. I am old enough to understand if things are not working right, but I hate when people like to create an image of themself and lying all the time to protect their "wrong" image and business…

So I send him around 8 times the same Email.
“Send me the parts or transfer my money back (refund)”.

Guess what…

No response… meanwhile I talked to the police and some lawyer to find out how I can get my parts or the money back, than suddenly, last month I received an Email, again with apologies and the status that my parts are on its way and I will get some CP pistons for free because of the trouble I had. By the way, he was not able to get me all parts I ordered and paid for. So I pleased him to send me the changed invoice and a credit note as soon as possible to order these missing parts somewhere else.

Some days later I wrote an Email and reminded them for sending me the trackingnr. – no response…. So I called them again and again until I reached a nice woman. She gave me a trackingnumber, it was wrong / invalid. I called them 3 days in a row, no chance to get the right tracking nr. or a recall. I always heard the same, We will call you back, apologies, etc…. ;-)

Guess what…

I did not received any parts and no call… :-(

Thanks to a friend of mine I got in touch with Big Chief, he wrote JAM an Email. THX again mate That was awesome!!!

Big Chief received a feedback instantly and another guy from JAM, I had never contact before, explained me that they had a lot of trouble especially with the guy who was responsible for my order and that they are about to get all the parts with a little delay and they will send the parts from UK before end of the year and the N1 block will arrive around January from Japan.
“light at the end of the tunnel.”:)

The next day, I received a new invoice via Email, showing me what kind of parts I will receive and how much the credit note is. AND!!! They called me - explaining the situation and what will be the next step. That was the first time *g* FINE!

Now the invoice needs a little correction so I emailed them last week, no response…. :-(
I called JAM yesterday and had again the nice voice at the phone promising to change the invoice and sending me the trackingnr. as soon as the parts will be sent.

My personal deadline is the 4.01.2010. I will see what I am going to hold in my hands than.

Now I am about to get the rest of my money back and we have to figure out how to handle that thing with the pistons, of course I can't get them for free like the other guy told me ;-(
We will see how JAM likes to continue.

·
R33 GTS-T "Godzuki"
1,104 Posts
Seem ok to me........

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
Well they dont seem to have much in there products area.... a air filter and a power fc lol, huge range lol:funny:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys,
I can't believe what is going on.... right after Big Chief send the mail, JAM gave me hope again and called me and I had the feeling they like to bring things forward, but now, nothing happends beside excuses and wrong informations. AGAIN!!!!

Since Dezember, when they promised me to send their parts and the block and a credit note, I am still waiting.
They told me now two times that they send the parts but I received nothing.

The last unreasonable thing was, that they send me an UPS trackingnr. from the goods, but didn't send the parts?!? Just to keep me in the good believe things are going forward.

Also no status jet from my block from Japan... because of the time lag, than the guy is not reachable, etc.
No credit note, too... I am asking now for over weeks. They told me, that they have a new account, so it takes its time until everythin is approved and installed, thats the point why I don't receive my money.

WTF?!?

Today I called them and wanted to talk to the chief. Of course he had no time, was in a customer talk as everytime when I try to reach him. I pleased them to give me 5 minutes with him, the customer can wait, I am waiting now for about 10 month. They said I have to call them again in one hour... guess what...?
Suddenly, one hour later, no one is picking up the phone. hmmm isn't it strange...

If one of you are running out of nice storries and you like to delay a customer for some month, you should mail JAM, I am sure the only thing they can do is doing that.

I am so tiered, it is unbelievable and finally I have to check the lawyer.

Dave

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Unreal mate.. that is terrible.. Shame your over there and cant take a trip down..

Take them to the courts mate :)

All the best

·
North highlands area rep
7,857 Posts
its unreal that these people advertise a service but dont produce the goods .let the lawyer sort it out hope you get it sorted soon.

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!! :bananasmile:

That's what came to mind, sorry... lol

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I guess they´re more than lucky you´re that far away from them!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
How come they're still in business with so many people complaining about them? Did none report them to the trading standards? This is at least the 10th horror story I read.

Don't give up mate, do whatever it takes to get your money back, they're obviously not going to send you any parts, so sue them!

·
Stealth R34 GTT User
814 Posts
These bozo's sound like real cowboys.

They remind me of my first commercial dive job. Never did get paid for it and the guy would continually blame his accountant and play the innocent. Total scam and a real snake operation. Reminds me of him when I read about these JAM fruitcakes...

·
Registered
276 Posts
can't we get a load of people to go there and wait until they phone this guy up and refund his money, I cannot see what the problem is, 1 quick phone call money refunded -easy

·
Registered
33 Posts
New hope after 9 month

Hey, there, believe it or not, I received a call by JAM some hours ago. I decribed again my pain and made myself clear. The chief of JAM himself called me and understood the situation and promised me by 110% that the parts from UK are on their way.

The block from Japan is still an questionmark even for JAM, but in that point I tried to make him clear that he is the dealer, I paid him and he has to find a solution if the Japos woun't deliver the N1 block. He will try his best to get a trackingnr. and get in touch with Japan.

The credit note is also on its way, he sad, we may use a normal transfer if the validation of the paypal account will need more time. But I heared that a couple of times and nothing happend.

Now I received again hope... hopefully he will hit the pedal to the metal and will do what I paid for.

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
ha!have we not had this descussion before?they are compleet scammers HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THIS, THESE ARE A BUNCH OF CON ARTISTS,END OF STORY SOMEONE NEEDS TO STICKY THIS THREAD AND UPDATE IT WITH WHATEVER COMPANY NAME THEY TRADE UNDER IN THE FUTURE! JESUS

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.