Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
i wouldnt put that crap anywhere near my car especially called "SEAfoam" it just conjours up images in my mind of rusting old boat anchors.:nonono:
would you expect your neighbours to put up with all that smoke? spose i wouldnt hear them over the lines "LOUD" exhaust anyway.:bigthumb: :funny:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Personally I find things that say they do more than one thing, Just plain sh*te and don't really trust them.

IF I were to want to clean the engine I would probably use good old redex and an engine flush before changing the oil.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
All that smoke could be is the seafoam crap in there getting burnt by the engine anyway???

Could be fake as f00k!

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I wouldn't put this within 10ft of my engine.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
I have done a FULL De-coke on an engine. Ford DOHC and TBH the residue on the internals would never have been cleaned by anything short of a handful of tiny BB's. There is not a chemical made that can clean carbon depsits from the internals without causing some kind of damage. It might clean loose stuff but that will come off eventually anyway. AND! if there is anything strong enough to clean it then it will most probably damage the surface of the pistons, valves, bores, conrods, crank end bearings, cam shafts. the lot. not to mention the rubber seals. Be careful. Be very careful.

Nah. Not for me.

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
haha, i think i'll just try it in one of the less drastic ways, drop some in my oil right before my oil change

they also say it can be poured into the gas tank to clean the fuel system, but i'm affraid of detonation from it contaminating the fuel, so i dont think i'll be trying that method.

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
haha, i think i'll just try it in one of the less drastic ways, drop some in my oil right before my oil change

they also say it can be poured into the gas tank to clean the fuel system, but i'm affraid of detonation from it contaminating the fuel, so i dont think i'll be trying that method.
If you have a highly tuned jap car the engine dont even like normal 95-96 ron fuel. My 300zx runs like crap on anything less than super 98 ron and above. So putting something like that in the fuel is a bit of a chance to take. IMO.

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you have a highly tuned jap car the engine dont even like normal 95-96 ron fuel. My 300zx runs like crap on anything less than super 98 ron and above. So putting something like that in the fuel is a bit of a chance to take. IMO.
which is why i said that i'm not putting it in my fuel.

i cant see it hurting if i pour some in my oil and change out the oil just shortly after

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
nope!

lol how am i condoning the use?

i just heard good stuff about it and bought 2 cans and was curious, just gonna try the least risky method, cant see how it would hurt
At the end of the day its your car and you can do whatever you feel is best. But I think the responses here aint having a dig at you but warning you to the possible damage you could do mate.:doh:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Most reputable fuels use various sorts of exotic detergents to clean your engine anyway, I know V-Power does, so personally I'm happy to leave it at that.
If there is any doubt, there's no doubt that I don't want it in my engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts