Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
FTO
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of interest wanted to see how they look and what tyre sizes you use. Still may go for 18s over 19s due to cost and a bit of comfort/performance.

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
If you have a look at my post here mine has 19s on it and as Nick says, there's room for more really; I get no fouling of arches nor a hard ride from the low profile tyres I am running.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Type "g35 coupe standard wheels" into google image search, 18'' standard size so there will be plenty of results...

But as said above, 19s fit fine and aren't uncomfortable with sensible side profile tyres.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
350GT comes with either 17s or 18s

350z 18in factory RAYS look nice if done black but you need 20/25 mm spacers all round or lost in the arches mind you they are lost in zed arches lol same offsets as stock rims ET30/33 and 225x45 x18 8j front 245/45 x 18 8.5j rear

like zed owners GT owners fit 8.5 all round use 2x sets of rear rims

i have had 20s on for last 8 yrs
245x35x20 front 8.5j
275/30x20 rear 10j

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have 20's on mine and have had no issues with rubbing or fouling.
245/35/20 fronts
285/30/20 rear

I wouldn't go any bigger..i think the GTs need 19 or 20s to fill up the arches but i guess that's down to individual preferences.

·
Registered
134 Posts
17 or 18s are standard on 03-04 models . I ran 18's for years and I was very happy with them.

19's are standard on the 06+ sport model package if I'm not mistaken. Possibly the 05s as well.

From what I understand, the 19s were the best compromise of performance and comfort.

From the 20's I've seen, Blitz's car and Ronzilla, I believe both were at stock height and the wheels look like they fit the car nicely. I can't comment on the ride quality as I never rode in either with car with their 20's on.

I did get to ride in OJAYs, which I think does have 20's, but he is running an air suspension set-up which rides rather nicely actually.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
The trouble with going with larger wheels is that you have to compromise on ride quality because of the lower profile tyres needed to keep near std rolling radius, once you go 30 or less it starts to get rather uncomfortable if you happen to also run coil overs, cant comment on std suspension setup as I changed my wheels and suspension at almost the same time, but I would guess its more reasonable if std.

I would also guess that on the later models with a 19" wheel as std the suspension will be calibrated to be somewhat softer to accommodate the lower profiles.

·
FTO
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought 2005 onwards (no matter what model) were tweeked? Mines astandard '05 but came in 17s.

Anyways, starting to pin my choices down. 8.5 for front and 9.5 for rear, 40 profile tyres probably. But, what offsets would have the roughly flush with the body? Thats the only bit I cannot figure out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
+20 is pushing the limits for totally flush. I run 19, but have a new set of 18" waiting for rubber in the new year. 8.5 F & 9.5 R. Went with +25 and will run 45 profile! Should sit reasonably flush, but may use a small spacer if necessary! Always been go instead of show and if you ain't filling it with rim, your filling it with tyre!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts