Skyline Owners Forum banner

Anyone have 18" rims of their 350GT?

8K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  57jam 
#1 ·
Out of interest wanted to see how they look and what tyre sizes you use. Still may go for 18s over 19s due to cost and a bit of comfort/performance.

#8 ·
350GT comes with either 17s or 18s

350z 18in factory RAYS look nice if done black but you need 20/25 mm spacers all round or lost in the arches mind you they are lost in zed arches lol same offsets as stock rims ET30/33 and 225x45 x18 8j front 245/45 x 18 8.5j rear

like zed owners GT owners fit 8.5 all round use 2x sets of rear rims

i have had 20s on for last 8 yrs
245x35x20 front 8.5j
275/30x20 rear 10j

#10 ·
17 or 18s are standard on 03-04 models . I ran 18's for years and I was very happy with them.

19's are standard on the 06+ sport model package if I'm not mistaken. Possibly the 05s as well.

From what I understand, the 19s were the best compromise of performance and comfort.

From the 20's I've seen, Blitz's car and Ronzilla, I believe both were at stock height and the wheels look like they fit the car nicely. I can't comment on the ride quality as I never rode in either with car with their 20's on.

I did get to ride in OJAYs, which I think does have 20's, but he is running an air suspension set-up which rides rather nicely actually.

#11 ·
The trouble with going with larger wheels is that you have to compromise on ride quality because of the lower profile tyres needed to keep near std rolling radius, once you go 30 or less it starts to get rather uncomfortable if you happen to also run coil overs, cant comment on std suspension setup as I changed my wheels and suspension at almost the same time, but I would guess its more reasonable if std.

I would also guess that on the later models with a 19" wheel as std the suspension will be calibrated to be somewhat softer to accommodate the lower profiles.

#15 ·
I thought 2005 onwards (no matter what model) were tweeked? Mines astandard '05 but came in 17s.

Anyways, starting to pin my choices down. 8.5 for front and 9.5 for rear, 40 profile tyres probably. But, what offsets would have the roughly flush with the body? Thats the only bit I cannot figure out.

#19 ·
+20 is pushing the limits for totally flush. I run 19, but have a new set of 18" waiting for rubber in the new year. 8.5 F & 9.5 R. Went with +25 and will run 45 profile! Should sit reasonably flush, but may use a small spacer if necessary! Always been go instead of show and if you ain't filling it with rim, your filling it with tyre!!!!!!

#21 ·
They may sit a little too far in and may not have the clearance for brake calipers and suspension strut, you will need +20 perhaps less, I ran 19" x 10 initially with a +20 offset, but in order to get them flush I used a 15mm spacer, which effectively takes them down to +5.
20" dia on a 10" wide rim is going to take the rim closer to the strut than a 19" rim with a +35 offset.

#23 · (Edited)
Hi fella, do you mean 20" x10" ET25 all round? it might be a bit much on the front both clearance wise and handling wise, its usually FWD set ups that use all four wheels the same, and I would think the std staggered setup is for a good reason.

You should be fine with 25ET on the rear, not sure about the front for the reasons I mention above, I ran 8.5" x19" front and 10" x 19" both ET22 on mine, and then fitted 15mm spacers to achieve a flush look.

#28 ·
Hopefully help, not the best pictures but all I have to hand

1st pic on standard 350z rims 18s

2nd pic on the forged rays 19s with 25mm spacers all round sat flush

3rd and 4th pic with JR3s 19 +22 offset no spacers 9.5 with 245/35/19 and 10.5 with 275/35/19

Can’t remember the OEM specs for the 350z and rays but all info out there in the internet [emoji106]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.