Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon/Evening gus and gals. My name is Adam and I am currently looking into buying a Skyline GTS-T at the moment. I'm awaiting a payout from my insurers after an idiot of a white van man wrote my vw golf off. I have £7000 max to play with and while dreaming of a GTR, i feel theyre still beyond reach so will opt for the rear drive GTS-T as theyre still quick cars as I have been informed. I've checked Autotrader and Pistonheads and while autotrader was less helpful, I feel on here and Pistonheads will have the better looked after Skylines that I am after buying.

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post :D

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Welcome mate, your 7k will get you a nice gtst. Far better off looking in the for sale section here,as they will have been well looked after and you can do a bit of research into the cars history. Just DON'T go rushing into buying one, take your time and have a good look 1st

·
Registered
812 Posts
welcome dude, i got my gtr for 7500, which was cheap as i bought of my brother-nlaw. what part of east midlands you from mate

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude. As said before look in the for sale section for some lovely cars :D

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
hi and welcome. double check your insurance as it may be higher than you think (or lower as in my case) . take your time and you'll get the right one for you

·
Forum Thug
4,552 Posts
Hiya Adam and welcome. The right car will find you and then you want stop smiling!! :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the replies

Thanks for the replies guys.

Stusy - I cant really stretch anymore than 7K as im still technically paying off a car loan on my wrote off golf for another year. I trust myself not to crash, but I cant trust other ppl not to crash into me, especially white van man! grrr!

Poohpants - Im from Lincoln area mate.

Chris C - Cheers mate, Yeah I'd rather have one in very good condition, that hasnt been 'ragged' and one that i dont have to repair for a while, even though im sure it will be a bit of a project car when i start changing things on it.

·
Seasoned Member
2,904 Posts
welcome to the club
the gtst is awsome fun but be careful booting it off roundabouts in the wet lol
hope you find a good 1

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
no leg humping required just a big bag of cash:dogpile: plenty of cars for sale here,autotrader etc.but dont jump in.try and get a drive in a skyline first for camparisons...i must hav drove 1000miles before i made my mind up.glad now.ps STAY AWAY FROM KEIGHLEY.CAR SALES:spank: :spank: :spank:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
meant to say thers a stunning r33 gtst for sale in section.in your price range £6800 ono.belongs to b4etty.previus owner mr scottish.area rep for scotland
well known + stunning car...hav a look u know u want to !!!!!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice motor

I've checked it out before moonshine, although not in person. The thing that puts me off a bit is the bubbling on the wheel arch because there are no pics of it and i dont wanna drive all the way up there to find that it needs too much work on it. Im in no way a mechanic,lol. Also no mention of mileage. Im not looking to buy one and stick it straight in a garage for an engine rebuild as I havent enough cash saved up at the moment for emergent work. It does look great though. :D

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
welcome and good luck on your quest. there are plenty of nice cars out there and the with the reddies in hand you should be able to demand a nice example with that sort of money. As said already this site has some nice motors for sale with credibility too.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks viniboy :)

Locks - Its a very nice motor. What is the mileage like and how many horses are pulling the beast? Any other mods or have you left it fairly standard?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cheers mate,

Its done 75k with 275 BHP, pretty much standard performance mod-wise other than the apexi induction and cat-back system, so it is a perfect base to start modifying!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How about any quirks eg: leaks, noises etc
Its been added to the growing list of cars to look at when my cheque comes through. insurance company bein uber sloooooooow! lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts