Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just refitted the original steering wheel and airbag for the MOT, but now the airbag light is flashing at me!
I've tried all the door light tricks i can find online but none will work for me!

Anyone got any other ideas or able to help me out?

Cheers.

·
No longer a rep :( but still here :)
6,432 Posts
Quicker to just take the clocks out and remove the airbag light bulb than mess about with steering wheels ect

Why you changing it for MOT anyway??? Makes no sense

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an aftermarket wheel fitted and that had the airbag light flashing. Never bothered me, but the mot station failed it for no airbag and the fault light on.... Bummer! So now i've stuck the original one back in to get it through but the light still flashes despite having the original airbag in.

Any suggestions?

·
No longer a rep :( but still here :)
6,432 Posts
May need the airbag control unit resetting. Try disconnecting the battery, Turning the ignition on and pressing the brake pedal so it take the juice out of everything then reconnecting it. This MAY reset the airbag ecu, I do say MAY!

Worth a try.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thought the new MOT rules were that the tester had to see the light come on (as it should with the ignition turned on) and then go out after 5 seconds.

Means you need the right rating of resistor that matches what the resistance of the Airbag is so you can fit it into the plug to fool the ECU into thinking the airbag is there.

HTH,

Russell

·
Scotland Area Rep Aberdeenshire
3,249 Posts
May need the airbag control unit resetting. Try disconnecting the battery, Turning the ignition on and pressing the brake pedal so it take the juice out of everything then reconnecting it. This MAY reset the airbag ecu, I do say MAY!

Worth a try.....
when fitting the steering wheels you should of disconnected the battery this should work

·
Registered
424 Posts
Turn the ignition to electric on but don't start the engine. Soon as you see the airbag light come on and blink off then turn the power off immediately. Repeat 5 times and then start the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts