Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone lives near Oban? Me and Tony are spending 3 days there beginning of March to celebrate my 40th. I've been before as a kid and loved the place. Im staying in Connel -near oban.

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,160 Posts
its alot closer to the central belt lot than anyone...shocked if someone wasnt there having a run when your there...

if your up nearer inverness give me a shout thou

·
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
9,524 Posts
Its really nice there I proposed to bertha there in the Rowan Tree hotel with the waitresses came along with the ring in a silver platter for dessert, she was well chuffed.

If you want a fantastic meal head north a bit to The Holly Tree Hotel at Kentallen,

http://www.hollytreehotel.co.uk/

actually better to stay there a night and wake up to a beautiful view over the Loch.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds lovely. Tex -you old romantic!
Ive booked a gorgeous 5 star hotel right on the loch at a place called Connel.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
used to go up regular to play against the local team oban saints,(many years ago)allways stayed the weekend and had a great time

·
rossco371
489 Posts
Depending on what way you are coming up i live on the main road to oban . If you make it in April you could come to our charity car show on the 25th at Dunkeld or if not you could stop in for coffee

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going up on the 5th March till the 7th -for my big 4 0 birthday :(

Thanks for the offer of coffee -not sure what way we are driving -I just stick it in the sat nav and hope for the best!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.