Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but does the de-limiter work? (ahem) over 186? on a private road blah blah blah if it does could you ask where he got it from or the make of it please?

thanks dave

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
downesy said:
Hi ive got an R1, and ridden my mates K2 - he has had it delimited - great, great bike!!!

arent they just i have ridden a few litre bikes owned several sport bikes and this is the best all rounder at the moment, still to find someone loopy enough to let me ride the zx10r!! :drool: had a bit of a thing for kawasakis when i first started, first was a zx6r j2, then i kinda of went backwards (technology wise) to a zx7r (bored out Zx9r engine) man that thing surprised many a litre bike and surprisingly the handling was as good as before the engine change, now if its possible to have REAL love for a bike that was it for me, then some dozy old twat late for his golf game sideswiped on the m48, now that really freakin hurt hehe

dave

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
i don't know about the delimiter - I know he got the delimiter as the timing is retarded in the first 2 gears - so he's had that adjusted - so its now full power through the gears - dunno about the top spead - but he's a bit of a mincer on the bike - can you believe he's never done a wheelie!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
downesy said:
i don't know about the delimiter - I know he got the delimiter as the timing is retarded in the first 2 gears - so he's had that adjusted - so its now full power through the gears - dunno about the top spead - but he's a bit of a mincer on the bike - can you believe he's never done a wheelie!!!

lol how can he ride a gsxr and not have pulled a minger? mine does it by itself, there is no conscious thought (haha like i have alot anyway mate feed kill repeat) needed on my part and thats stock!!! i have still got to put on a power commander, and a full yoshi exhaust, yoshi cams, thats it for the moment god knows what thats going to be like hehe, like i said have a few mates who have fitted so called tre's and they havent worked at all, it seems like the only way to find out for sure is to throw money at it, there is one for sale by a reputable company at approx 100£ so i have got some comeback at least if it fails to satisfy

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
weird no worries thanks mate will get one from them then as i have dealt with them before, more mono action hehe not so good in this weather though

cheers dave

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
cheers alex, they do look like the cheapo ones on ebay though!

thanks dave

lol just went onto ivans (the guy who manufactures the tre's) website alex and found this, perhaps its a new bike from cooperation of two giants)

http://ivansperformanceproducts.com/bikesforsale.htm

i mean wtf is that hehe thas kind of funny

a kawasaki gsxr 1000, hmmmm now where does the green wire go?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm it may just be badly made ones that my buddies have been buying (you get what you pay for eh?) im registeredon there i will see if i can contact him

cheers gene

dave

·
Registered
605 Posts
i've got a gsx-r 600 k2 on a 'Y' only done 3000 miles since new, also got its private plate C16 SXR 'C1 GSXR' any one interested? make me an offer?
the 1000 is a great bike, but found the 600 a little bit better with it being lighter and more responsive.
cheers, paul.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GSXR 1000? Oooooo Yes!!!

I have a K1 one of the very first and without doubt its gotta be one of the best bikes that have gone into production. I haven't done a thing to mine apart from hugger, double bubble wind sheild and titanium end can to match the rest of the pipe system but I still get of the bike with a big grin wider than the chedder gorge!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
on the new models there is only 5 kgs (dry weight) between the 1000 and 600, nothing in it i reckon all depends on riders ability tbh, gone up against a few 600, 750, 1000, and without giving it the big one found them to be no problem in the twisties, only problem i have had is it spinning up a couple of times in the bends but lets be honest that just looks ****ing cool! :guiness:

obiously new underwear is standard practice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tre

Hello there, I have just sold my GSXR 1000 K1 to buy my GT-R. Ace bike, need to watch the old right hand though! :funny: Before the gixxer I had a TL 1000 R which I bought a TRE for off eBay, paid 35 squid or there abouts for a pile of sh1te! 2 connectors, 3 wires bonded in resin, the wires just looped! Watch what you buy :rolleyes: . If you go onto the gixxer owners clubs you will find details of how to "de-restrict" the bikes, it is just a matter of fitting a resistor to kid the ECU that the bike is in 5th gear so it will not bring in the 186mph limit, bit fiddly etc. unless you are a good auto electrician. I have a damaged Ivan's TRE, needs the wires refitting to one plug. All you would need to do is see another one look at the wiring and push the metal pins back into the plug again on mine. £25 posted if you want. Let me know.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
still to find someone loopy enough to let me ride the zx10r!!
I had a ZX10R, absolutely superb bikes. Unreal performance, slipper clutch is a nice touch (bang it down and she just stays nice and straight) Also the best/easiest slow speed manouvering sports bike I've owned.

I've had quite a few litre bikes, R1's, gsxr 1k, sp1 etc (+the smaller stuff gsxr 750, r6 zx6r etc) and the zx10r makes them all feel slow.

One thing it lacks is any sort of durability, frame and swingarm coating comes off if you look at it too hard :D but fook me I love them. I had mine to the top speed limiter in 5th gear!, before the rev limiter cut in! 108mph in 1st, 130mph in 2nd etc (if you keep it pinned until it cuts out, rev light comes on quite early but is adjustable)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts