Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a pointless thread but i'm kinda in two minds on what suspension to fit to my r33.
i've been offered kei office front coilovers, jic rears or i could buy tein springs.

I need a little comfort living in hampshire and using my car as my daily drive.

just wondering if anyone here drifts on lowered springs and standard dampers.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As hard as this is for me i might have to bite the bullet and get coilovers. i'd rather be abused by bumps than carry on floating around corners.

Anyone got exp with zeal coilovers. may have a set for 350ish unless any of you fellow skidders have a cheap spare set of coiloys

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
money issues mate, although may have a way of getting some now

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol chop springs hell no, besides the dampers are the main culprit for the body roll lol.

If the deal at japspeed is still on for the coilovers at 500quid may get my lady to loan me some of her skyline fund to pay for them.

Need to be extra nice and bring her cups of tea all night to sweeten her up lol.

·
Aberdeenshire Area Rep
1,104 Posts
My Tein kit is the complete coilover kit but with regards to what BigChief said it does have 16 levels of damping and is set to the softest and is hard as buggery!! :D
Its sometimes to hard for the bumpy roads as it just skips about on the road decreasing the handling. Get a smooth road or track though and its amazing!
I can live with mine :D The car wasn't bought for comfort, it was all for the fun!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wise words mr royal. hoping to get some new japspeed ones now providing they are still 500 as says in there thread.

·
Registered
26 Posts
lol chop springs hell no, besides the dampers are the main culprit for the body roll lol.

If the deal at japspeed is still on for the coilovers at 500quid may get my lady to loan me some of her skyline fund to pay for them.

Need to be extra nice and bring her cups of tea all night to sweeten her up lol.
Grrrrrrrr, so much for the endless cups of tea!! :bs: So far the count is 3!!!

You'll have to work harder than that!!!! :booty:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
right i'm up to 4 cups now if i don't include my own lol.

Not scrimping man, just watchin finances lol. Coilovers aren't a must, more of a want

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only other thing to remember for coilovers is the possible need for spacers :D
got 20mm spacers front and rears lol. i have the cash for coilovers though but may now need the money to pay for gas engineer course :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts