Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
filled my R34 GTT with it and I'm sure it's giving me less power than I get with Texaco Super.

Anyone else tried it ?

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Theres a big long discussion on the other board about Optimax which has a mention towards the end about Ultimate. Basically everyone is coming to the conclusion that Ultimate isn't up to much. I think to get any benefit out of it you'd have to reset your ecu anyway.

I reset and run on optimax and am perfectly happy with it.

J.

E

·
0 Posts
Didn`t even know it was available yet. What ron have they/are they giving it? I`ll try it when i see it. I think theres a BP on my way home from work.
PS i`d go for Shell Optimax over Texaco Super.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's 97 ron the same as their old super. Strange thing is my car seemed to like their old super about the same as texaco but doesn't seem to like their new stuff.

I'd love to use optimax but despite living in a town with a population of half a million the nearest shell garage is 10 miles away.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
I have used it in the Skyline and Starlet...not sure if there was a major improvement, but the skyline did feel more pokier....

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
or it could have been the freezing weather out there at the mo when you filled up lisa??
only noticed mine pops and bangs a bit more which cant be good!
will be sticking to opti max this end

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
I've used it, and thought it popped more. But then again it's still popping more now it's back on Optimax so probably the colder weather.

Other noticeable difference is the needle doesn't move as far as Optimax for 20 quids worth :rolleyes: How can (practically) the same stuff be 5p/litre more expensive??? Bollox.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used it once and got more det on the powerfc than I have ever seen at only 1 bar. When I turned it up a bit it got a missfire problem. Filled up with optimax at next filling station and probs have gone away.
Won't ever use it again.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
grebo said:
I'd love to use optimax but despite living in a town with a population of half a million the nearest shell garage is 10 miles away.
Thats odd, grebo, we're in the same-ish area and there's three shells within easy reach for me!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I live in the middle of them. I'm in chelmsford, there are shell garges in Braintree, Maldon and (I think) Tiptree. None that I know of that are nearer.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Heard of it, but won't have the chance to use it for some time apparently as now I live in the land of Emmerdale and Corrie they aren't rolling it out up here for another couple of months. Doubt I'll try it anyway to be honest as I think my timing is already too far advanced as get a popping on deceleration with optimax now and in quite a large way too. Oh well will stick to optimax for now.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
grebo said:
Yeah, I live in the middle of them. I'm in chelmsford, there are shell garges in Braintree, Maldon and (I think) Tiptree. None that I know of that are nearer.
In Southend we have one in Southend (near LA Fitness), Southend (near The Bell pub) and Southend (A13 near Westcliff)!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts