Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am ordering myself a set of D2 brakes for my R33 GTR and have sourced the following

Front
8 pot callipers
356mm discs
street pads
New flexi brake hoses

Rear
6 Pot callipers
356mm disc
street pads
New flexi brake hoses

Ths is a picture of them

These are normally £2k for a front and rear set + delivery, I have got my set for £1600 delivered.

If you only want front or rear they are the same price so £800 each set. If you want 330mm discs they are slightly cheaper at about £750 for front and £750 for rear.

It will be 4 weeks before the Rears are available and fronts are available now. I am sure if there is enough interest we may get them a little cheaper.

Let me know if you are interested, i will be looking to order mine early next week.

Kev

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D2 Brakes

Hi m8

At te moment can definately get

8 pot fronts with 356mm dics at £800 delivered

as above with 330mm disks for £750 delivered

I have asked about discount but won't get a reply until tomorrow now.

TBH
This is a good price and I ain't expecitng them to knock much money off but that would depend on how many orders.

Kev

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D2 Brakes

Best they can do is a furter £20 off a full set.

I am told the set is already discounted by the best part of £400 so no margin left.

I have confirmed that the kit does come with a set of braided brake hoses at least. :cool:

I am also pretty confident that the 356mm discs will nto fit under standard 17" wheels and only fit under some aftermarket 17" wheels such as TE37's but even they are close.

I will be going for the 330mm set as I am not taking a chance on them not fitting and I cant afford a set of 18" at the moment :swear: :swear: :swear:

Kev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you think these would fit on a 300zx? I need to source a big brake conversion... If you guys upgrade... do you want to shift your Golds?

I'd be happy to buy a set of these.. but can imagine that they won't fit on easily.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
D2 Brakes

Hi Boomin33

Have jsut emailed them to ask if they do a 300zx kit, so will let you know later.

GtstTypeM
This is an adiditonal £20 on top of the best part of £400 they have discounted so far. you will need to make your moind up whether this kit is for you or not at this price.

Update
I have sorted ou the kit i want and will be ordering next week, I don't mind if it is the begining or the end of the week when I order but it will be next week whatever comes or goes. Promised my own brakes to someone else.

So if anyone wants a D2 kit at this prices please let me know ASAP as I will need to arrange for payments / delivery etc... I won't be doing this after I have ordered my own parts.

Have far too many goodies to fit..:p

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Exactly what Jamie said.......

If they can knock that much off like that for you and it wasnt a group buy then im sure they will do it when like Jamie said we are ready..
£20 extra off is nothing to get excited about......

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
D2 Brake kit

Hi GtstTypeM

Good luck to you sorting it out at a later date with additional discount. Maybe you can organise a GB for the disc sets then when you and Jamie are ready.

As my last thread I will be ordering next week with or without anyone else.

Kev

·
bla
17,374 Posts
whoopde fookinwoo.... additional £20 discount..:rolleyes:

Im not tryin to be an arse here, im just stating that not everybody will be bothered about that additional discount. Im not after brakes etc just yet, but that discount isnt gonna make me rush and get some, lol.. If i wanted them a few months later, i wouldnt be bothered about not having that discount...
Im sure you can see where im coming from, and i give you every credit for trying to arrange a group buy... :)

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
i need a set of 6pots for the rear with the 356 mm discs for a r32 gtr so im up for it, as its a good deal at that price, 780 you said kgleeson just paid 30quid under 1100 for my fronts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
D2 Brakes

GtstTypeM

Have a look they are going for the best part of £1100 a pair So £2000 - £2200 for a set. I badgered them for an extra £20 as it is all helps they have also confirmed they are providing braided hoses and not just flexi hose

Jamie gts t
So what I should have done is put a post up at full price for a group buy and then shown the discount in subsequent threads because you can't be arsed to figure out what these kits cost.

I got them at a good price because I have been a good customer and got offered a set at a good price. Seeing as there has been a lot of interest in brakes on the forums thought I would communicate the offer.

Obviously no pleasing some folks!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out there isn't really enough margin in the deal for people like me with a full time job to be making money on them.

If you ever put the effort in to doing something usefull for other fellow enthusiasts on the forum other than sit at home and ***** you may find these GB's take quite a lot of time and effort to sort out. I doubt I could even squeeze free delivery for my own order.

So I can take it you and GtstTypeM don't want in on this Gb and don't need to post anymore on the thread yes...

Stef
Yes £780 delivered and they have R32 fitment for 6 pot rears

boomin33
Yes they have Z32 fitment but have to order them in so takes 4 weeks. Let me know if you want a set.

Kev

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Excellent price kev, especially when you consider what GTR brembo's go for and how much better these are.

Wish i had the funds, unfortunately i'm in between jobs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
D2

Hi all,

I have done a fair bit of reaseach on these kits now, on Skyline and non skyline forums as well. There have been very few bad reports on the D2 / G4 kits. I have also been looking to see if I can find the G4 kits cheaper with no joy I must add.

The link below is to a write up on the D2 brakes, Read carefully and make your own minds up. You will need to follow it all through, a numebr of Aussie forum members reply with their own comments on the kit.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=167104&hl=D2 brake&st=0

TREG
There are some good pictures of the kit, have a look at them and you will get a better understanding of the difference in size.

Stef
Will have to PM you with details on Monday. i am off to a wedding now and won't be back until tomorrow night.

Kev

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
D2 Brakes

Hi all,

Sorry I am working away form home this week.

Will sort hsi out and let you all know ho wto order tomorrow / friday.

Kev

1 - 20 of 63 Posts