Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking at getting some 18" alloys for my R34 GTT.
It is slightly lowered (HKS S-Tune) but otherwise stock.

I like the look of the JR5 rims
but they only come in 8", 9.5" and 10.5" ... so my thoughts are that i could run 8" front and back, or wondered if anyone had any thoughts on running 8" up front with 9.5" at the rear?

any thoughts?

·
Registered
669 Posts
i run 8.5" front and 9.5" rear with et30 all round 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 with no rubbing. lowered on coilovers too r33 gtst

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't think you can run a 10.5" on the rear, but it will depend on the offset ET rating and if you prefer having a terrible ride with stretched rubber bands for tyres.

On my GTT I have LMGT4 18" Front:8.5J+30, Rear:9.5J+38? and with wheel arches rolled its fine. No spacers needed but its very tight fit:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think you can run a 10.5" on the rear, but it will depend on the offset ET rating and if you prefer having a terrible ride with stretched rubber bands for tyres.

On my GTT I have LMGT4 18" Front:8.5J+30, Rear:9.5J+38? and with wheel arches rolled its fine. No spacers needed but its very tight fit:
Thanks for this ... I find pictures really helpful. Those rears do look tight in the arches, how far are you lowered? I must admit i'm not keen on rolling the arches.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for this ... I find pictures really helpful. Those rears do look tight in the arches, how far are you lowered? I must admit i'm not keen on rolling the arches.
Believe it or not, that's not lowered but raised up as high as possible that I can with the RC Racing coilovers (I ran out of threads on the cartridge). I didn't roll the inner ridge/lip but it came that way from Japan.
Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 K117 255/40 ZR18 99Y XL
Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 K117 275/40 ZR18 103Y XL

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info folks. I think i will try another wheel choice (not the JR5s) as i think staggering 8" with 9.5" may be too much of a difference front to back, and will look for wheels with options for 8.5" & 9.5"

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Believe it or not, that's not lowered but raised up as high as possible that I can with the RC Racing coilovers (I ran out of threads on the cartridge).
Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 K117 255/40 ZR18 99Y XL
Hankook Ventus S1 EVO2 K117 275/40 ZR18 103Y XL

that's interesting .. i was thinking of using lower ratio tyres such as 235/40 Front and 265/35 rear which would reduce the overall diameter and give me a bit more arch space

·
Registered
46 Posts
that's interesting .. i was thinking of using lower ratio tyres such as 235/40 Front and 265/35 rear which would reduce the overall diameter and give me a bit more arch space
It would that's true but then you and I both know what our UK roads are like and I have vowed never to use a 35 profile again.
Have a look at 2Forge, If I was looking to buy a new set of wheels that's where my money would go: 18" 2Forge ZF5.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It would that's true but then you and I both know what our UK roads are like and I have vowed never to use a 35 profile again.
Have a look at 2Forge, If I was looking to buy a new set of wheels that's where my money would go: 18" 2Forge ZF5.
ok thanks... good to know .. i'll check them out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts