Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R33 has a Blitz BOV, and i would just like to let the dump valve sound come out louder than it is now...It is very weak sound and i can hardly hear it from outside with the engine overlap.

I thought i could tighten the screw on the BLITZ BOV to get the results, but it seems like its been tighten hard already...Would there be any other way???

·
'NISMO' 350GT
488 Posts
Tightening it up will make it sound quieter. Try winding it out a bit at a time - mine's a 10mm spanner to adjust.

Nick

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also whats this thing about loosing power with aftermarket BOV's??? because it never occured to me...

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
If the standard one is still working you will hardly notice the blitz one. With it blanked off or removed it will transform it completly.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry im not so bright here, what do you mean by blanked?

How do i check if the original recirc valve was blanked or not, as i bought the car with the Blitz BOV...

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
First off where is the blitz one fitted? If it sits above the engine fixed to the cross over boost pipe then the original one has been removed. If its on a boost pipe near by the air filter you may have the original one still conected.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It sits not above the engine, but beside it abit below as it is under the air filter pod area...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry ill rephrase that...

It sits abit below beside the engine under the air pod...Would the original one still be connected??

Thanks for your help by the way dave :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Sounds like you still have the standard one fitted. I think you may have the same setup as me although in the picture the standard bov has been removed. If you still have the standard one fitted the easiest way to blank it off is to use a coke can. First get an empty can then cut it out so you have a flat piece of metal. Remove the standard bov and place it on the flat tin, draw round the bov's flange then cut it out so you should have a blanking plate that goes between the bov and the intake pipe. Cut the 2 bolt holes out then bolt it between the intake and the standard bov, give it a go and you should hear a huge difference maybe some extra power (i did).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks alot for your help and concern...I'll give you a feedback as soon as im done checking...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts