Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going to TOTB2 (and not entering) was just wondering if there is anywhere else with a similar length of straight track to try for top speeds.

Does anyone know if Elvington has open days to use the runway?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Brighton Speed trials, once a year, but

1) Need a special race licence
2) its a long way from you

everything but top end.

·
Registered
953 Posts
part of m20 motorway near me at 2 am is good

sarcky will probably now it

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Why would I know it LOL ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hiring Elvington is one option, some of the FDUK guys are thinking of doing it. They're looking at costs for half days and full days to see how much it would cost to share.
They wanna test Top Speed and get some mapping done.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
M20 is good early in the am! sometimes in my diesel i can get 71 mph out of her!! lol:)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
FDUK is the RX7 club, FD being their engine ID like ours is RB.

I have been sitting here trying to make something with the letters about hairdressers or some general insult, but have failed.

So I nod in their general direction instead

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Re. FDUK

Well I did think of something earlier on, but that was before my brain was addled....... will see if the memory is back in operation tomorrow morning :D :40oz: :alco:

·
Registered
53 Posts
You could try Montlhéry close to Paris: there's an oval there, but I'm not sure what sort of speeds you can take through it. It's where the French press measure acceleration data and top speeds, so should be ok and not too far.

Otherwise, down to Italy to Nardi where they measured the McLaren F1 at 392 km/h :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts