Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Skyline GTS-T R33

Has anyone had any experience with these? Im running 280bhp currently, will be looking to increase to 300-350 but the clutch i have now is meant to be an excedy but its slipping, i dont think its a paddle clutch as its easy to pull away gently etc, very smooth.

I am looking at the Apex ACT paddle clutch kit
http://82.110.105.84/apexperformanc...52&PHPSESSID=67f9047bcdfa6a301e928cd87f7d3be7

Will this do the job without me having to replace it again after a few thou miles?

I am mainly on road with odd track day and quick launch from the lights and the odd little rear end drift.... hehe

Also how long u think it will take to fit roughly... done a few engine changes and stuff in my time so not scared of it.

Cheers
Mark

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
I have a Skyline GTS-T R33

Has anyone had any experience with these? Im running 280bhp currently, will be looking to increase to 300-350 but the clutch i have now is meant to be an excedy but its slipping, i dont think its a paddle clutch as its easy to pull away gently etc, very smooth.

I am looking at the Apex ACT paddle clutch kit
http://82.110.105.84/apexperformanc...52&PHPSESSID=67f9047bcdfa6a301e928cd87f7d3be7

Will this do the job without me having to replace it again after a few thou miles?

I am mainly on road with odd track day and quick launch from the lights and the odd little rear end drift.... hehe

Also how long u think it will take to fit roughly... done a few engine changes and stuff in my time so not scared of it.

Cheers
Mark
hi mark, ive never heard of them we tend to use either a r32gtr clutch it fits straight in or get one from rising sun performance, its not a long job, just a ***** to take out and re-fit the gearbox there is a knack to it mate....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have a link to the one I need then as I need to get this sorted pretty quickly. Car is a 1995 ECS33 R33 GTS-T

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
293 Posts
paddles generally aren't worth it in my opinion. Have used a couple of the ACT organics and found them to be great though. Anything after that and I'd move straight onto a twin plate to be honest.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What clutch would you all recommend I order from Rising sun then?

Want to give them a call on Tuesday to order it as I need one pretty sharpish

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
293 Posts
from rising sun - no idea but I'm sure they'll tell you what they've got that suits your budget and power needs.
If you're looking at paddle clutches I'd be surprised if an organic clutch with upgraded cover wouldn't be suitable, in which case I'd recommend the ACT's from bren.
Exedy stuff is also very good.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
im using a ACT paddle from Bren at Apex, altough its a bit snappy once you get used to it its great!;)

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I used to run a ACT inmy pulsar, found it a great clutch.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so Apex stuff is good?

Ill still give Rising sun a call and see what they think too.

I take it all the clutches come with everything I need.. nothing else I need to buy only to find out when the gearbox is off??

Mark

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yep the one i got from Apex came with everything needed to fit (just ask them to be on the safe side though!):cheers:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ok so Apex stuff is good?

Ill still give Rising sun a call and see what they think too.

I take it all the clutches come with everything I need.. nothing else I need to buy only to find out when the gearbox is off??

Mark
just to point out ACT (Advanced Clutch Technology) and Apex are two different companies, Apex just sell them :)

Provided you're buying it as a clutch kit you should get everything included, always best to ask and make sure what it consists of.
The ACT organics are very good clutches, as are exedy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts