Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its probibly a piece of pith to all you lot but for a beginner
to mechanical-fangled stuff are there any tips and stuff you might be able
to give me to fitting my new induction kit? what to be careful of/watch out for, should i reset the ecu after installation etc.
sorry to bother you all on a friday, but you all seem like nice folk.:)
p.s. thanks jez for the speedy delivery mate, top stuf.

fourtoes

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
A'pexi's

sound wicked, good choice!

Be careful unplugging the AFM plug, it can be quite tight to get off.

Once the AFM is off, stick it in a box or something where it won't get dirt in it while you do the fitting.

Just take your time and have a look around the bay before attacking anything with tools so you know what you need to do to what, and you'll be fine!

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers jock for the tips buddy.
one more question if you dont mind?
where do i put a cold air feed pipe, there seems to be no space at all for me to fit one, i left the first bit of the old air box on for now to get some air to it but im a bit stuck as to where to put a cold air pipe?:rolleyes:
thanks again.
fourtoes

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Must admit

I am not at all familiar with the R34 layout, but on the R32 GTS-T (which I have) the original feed was from under the passenger side headlight, and it can be modified (I'm in the process of doing mine) to feed directly to the pod if you build a cold air partition to keep that nasty heat away.

Have a look on the Skyline's downunder forum for tips, there's a great section on cold air boxes there in the 'free horsepower' thread. Which will take you about a week to read, its the world's longest thread I think!

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your a blinkin star mate, i'll do that.
cheers
:D
i owe you a pint
:40oz:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts