Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we've got loadsa HKS dealers in the UK and few Trust but does anyone know someone that has apexi stuff without a massive wait.

I'm after a apexi induction kit cause I dont want foam/steel/or anything that needs oil

but people only want to sell me foam mushroom ones! the apexi one seems to have the best flow and filtration

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I got Apex Performance to order my Apexi filter and I did that before I bought the car, I have now done 3000 miles in it and I am still waiting!!! :eek: Although it should be here tuesday I hope...! :rolleyes:

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
I got a contact who deals in Apex i stuff .. I think he lives in the Dorest area...

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
you could try apex performance they do apexi stuff and advertise on the sx owners club.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for that I just spoke to http://www.apex-performance.co.uk 01274 427757

the guy, said apexi induction kits are slow coming through from japan at the moment so he couldnt say when it'd arrive but he'd put one on order anyway and would hold me to it if I got bored of waiting. which was nice

and then he offered me an HKS one he had on the shelf:D

I feel like I'm swiming upstream here a bit, maybe I should just go with the flow and get an HKS

Cheers PMJ pass your contact's details on I'll give him a go

N

·
0 Posts
alex why do you want a very expencive pod filter ?
i'm thinking of going back 2 the stock air box , modified a bit .
its all about cold air

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
i've got HKS super power flow filters i'd recommend them i love the noise of the rushing air or you could take niteskyR's suggestion as it does offer induction benefits possibly with better filtration but i'm no expert.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
there's nowt wrong with a good panel filter and the nissan OEM is well made, the trouble is with the fresh air inlet which is restrictive. there are mods on SDU for both R33 and R32 stock air box inlets that help fix this. i may even try ther one for r32 while i'm waiting for the pod i want.

with a pod the old hot air thing is an issue tho so cool air ducting is a good idea and maybe even a heat shield box thing, you may only get the benifit in the summer here tho.

it looks like the hks super power flow is the most common one , seems to be under everyones bonnet. its just i'd ly awake at night wondering wot the open matrix foam was letting through to the turbo.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
A'pexi's Power flow induction is a great bit of kit. Dry filter (no oil fouling intake components), and whilst not as loud as the HKS, still makes an awesome sucking sound.

Been working on a cold air partition recently. Relocated the filter to immediately behind the light rather than sticking up into the hot air..... It now breathes straight from the original feed under the headlamp,

Until a few days ago when I took the lamp out completely. Makes one helluva difference..... All that cold air... Certainly makes constructing a proper cold air partition look like a very good idea!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts