Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi having previously had a pfc on my s14a i was wondereing whats stopping me getting one off ebay for another vehicle cheap and fitting it to my r33 gtst?? the 2 main car specific items i can think of are
1: The harness connection shape and pinout (could splice one from another vehicle thatd fit)
2: The base map set by apexi for it to run/limp to a mapper (again could be set when mapped anyway)

other than that what else could there be to stop me?? these are completely mappable units as far as im aware and even when i bought a s14a new pfc i still had to tell it the throttle type, amount of cylinders (4/6) and many other things. so why cant i buy a pfc for a gtr or a ps13 or subaru sti and as long as i get the harness plug from that vehicle fit it and map it to my spec 2?? any ideas guys? thanks :cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Craft Beer Drunkard
611 Posts
you can use any RB one, just gotta re-pin a few things, but it wont have VTC control unless it's a 25 model. But IMO PFC is trash. the options suck, the tech support repair turn around is unacceptable. I got rid of mine and never looked back.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
trash not really tho are they as have been around for years granted now there are better ecus but the power fc still does the job just fine.

·
Craft Beer Drunkard
611 Posts
small mapping tables, some dont support a map sensor, no launch control, no antilag, no aux input, they were awesome in the late 90's

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but theyll do the job over a fuel air controller etc. i cant afford an all singing all dancing ecu and th these do what they need to. again not worried about having the nvcs capability as thatll go when fitting big cams and verniers, if i got a D-jet model with a 3 bar then maf wouldnt be a issue either, so again theres no reason why i couldnt fit one from a honda accord or whatever as it can be mapped to suit when installed???

·
Craft Beer Drunkard
611 Posts
but theyll do the job over a fuel air controller etc. i cant afford an all singing all dancing ecu and th these do what they need to. again not worried about having the nvcs capability as thatll go when fitting big cams and verniers, if i got a D-jet model with a 3 bar then maf wouldnt be a issue either, so again theres no reason why i couldnt fit one from a honda accord or whatever as it can be mapped to suit when installed???
Sure as long as you pin it correctly, and you can program your CAS properties (puses), coil dwells, injector latency, knock time. A lot of the SR20VE-T rwd setups us honda ecus. But for that work you can do a megasquirt cheap, just change the trigger wheel, ditch the MAF, use a MAP and IAT and get to it.

·
Craft Beer Drunkard
611 Posts
Yeah but the crank trigger pulses will vary car to car to car. I dont recall being able to change them in PFC. I'm gonna go check tho.

·
Craft Beer Drunkard
611 Posts
Not to KA.SR and CA as they are 4 cylinder and we dont run wasted spark so sequential firing order is no go, you can run a RB26 but it does not have VTC so you would use a window switch

·
Craft Beer Drunkard
611 Posts
I see that on table 5 but you will see there is no pin to connect injectors 5-6 or coils 5-6. PFC always shows 6 injector options but there is no hard output on the SR model. Or a way to turn it on, or to modify the firing order and add.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question because I have at the moment a greddy emanage ultimate on my car but here on the island there is nobody to proparly tune this ecu, does any one have a guide or mapping for tuning this ecu? car is not working at the moment as it should. Can any one help me with some manual or mapping for tuning. Tnx

·
Craft Beer Drunkard
611 Posts
I know nothing about emange, but if you send me your modifications and tell me what version of the emange you have I can ask my buddy, he knows piggy backs pretty well as well as stand alones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think there is only 1 version of the emanage ultimate which is the silver one. The car came with this ecu however it was tuned but after I broke a piston and the tuner here told me I was running lean. afterwards he made some adjustmands but since then the car is not performing as it should. I don's know if there is a way to download a mapping for a skyline motor. I have a basicly stock motor I have only a bigger Turbo placed on the car a front mout intercooler and the greddy emanage ultimate hooked up with it. I have send you the link of the emanage. http://www.greddy.com/products/electronics/e-manage-ultimate/

1 - 20 of 20 Posts