Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all this may be a stupid question but ive got a power fc sat in the garage and what im wondering is will i be able to connect it now and just leave it on the base map or should i leave it in the box untill i get it tuned with other mods?

also if i can connect it do i need to disconect the battery to reove the old ecu? basically i have a apexi neo and a apexi Avcr and dont wanna lose there settings.

thanks guys.:cool:

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
You can run it on the base map but I would not drive it hard until you have had it checked/mapped.

You will also need to remove the Neo or turn off any corrections that it may be making. You can remove the ecu without disconecting the battery but even if you did non of the gadgets you have will lose there settings.

Richard

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so im probably best leaving it in the box untill tune up day then. i would nt reallydrive the car hard its just ive got it sat there and wanted to fit it if i could lol. would it make any difference if i didnt disconect the neo?
or does the neo definately have to go to get tne best from the apexi power fc?

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
The neo may have some corrections in it that will alter the map in the PFC. You can either turn off corrections in the neo or un-wire it from the AFM signal wire so it can not make adjustments. It will them just sit there and look nice :)

Richard

·
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think ill leave it in the box then as i wont be using the car much anyway untill april so there aint no piont fitting it untill its tuned up better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts