Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for being a dumbass but have been looking at the group buy section on post about this product, just want to know plain and simple-
-what it will do,
-what i need to run it
-when you buy it can ya stick it straight in and drive on or has it to be set up -or programmed,

im doing a full rebuild at the mo and will have the following mods,

-fmic,
-stainless tubular exhaust manifold,(still stock turbo at the mo)
-stainless turbo elbo and dump pipe,
-decat,
-full 3inch stainless system
-inductionkit
-splitfire coil packs
-rebored and running 86.5 forged pistons
-uprated injectors
-wabro fuel pump

when i have her up and running what advantages would the power fc give me from these mods and what bhp should i expect from everything+power fc fitted,

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
what it will do, control fuel and ignition
-what i need to run it. a car !!
-when you buy it can ya stick it straight in and drive on or has it to be set up -or programmed, they have a base map but ive no idea what settings it has in comparison to the standard ecu map

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
When you plug it in you will need to tell it if it has the optional boost control function or not, you can do it via the hand commander. Also let it idle when you 1st start it, this allows it to learn the idle adaptives, while its idling turn the electrical consumers on. The base map is very conservative, like has been said not sure how it compares to a std ecu programme though. I would say this ecu upgrade is essential if you indend on running a bigger turbo, fuelling in the future

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
aye well just bought a garret steel internal turbo so that will be further down the pipeline, will the mods i have i take it the engine will be over fueling with out using this form of fuel control, i know running lean can cause detonation what damage does overfuelling cause?

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Well in extreme cases it can cause borewash, but it will mainly hurt your wallet!!

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not too bad then, i'd rather pay extra for a bit a fuel rather than forking out for a full rebuild

·
Registered
169 Posts
does this contraption give you horsepower gains on a basically stock care, or is it really only needed for people with lots of other mods to correct fueling etc?

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Well to be honest, it would only really be worth fitting a power fc if you plan on a lot of engine mods, an apexi safc, or simmilar would be enough for basic mods. However i'm of the opinion, if you can afford it then go for it.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
i guess its pointless to have a safc and this unit together?
correct, the safc is a piggyback ecu where as the power fc is a full standalone ecu and it gives you more options to tune

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
right so the safc is only more or less for fueling, are the hard to fit?? the sound like my better option at the mo

·
bla
17,374 Posts
dish out the lil extra and go full ecu (pfc)... :D You wont regret it...

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
It would help, as it controls the air and the fuel for you, but judging by what you are doin to your engine, i'd pay the extra for the Apexi, or you will be paying out for a new engine in no time! unless you know what your doing with the HKS unit. no sure how hard they are to setup, but im sure getting the settings right what be a job.

Good luck!

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
Very true! listen to the pros!

I want 450 thats a confortable safe level, i think with what you are doin to your engine you will be getting in that region just from previous results.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts