Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen these on ebay quite cheap from Japan. Has anyone bought one from japan through ebay as I'm thinking of getting one from there but im abit worried about being scammed. Or is there anywhere reliable I can get one from here? I want a new one really or not that old secondhand.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
if your worried about being scammed pay through paypal using a credit card then you have two lots of protection... from paypal and the credit card. you'll struggle to find a brand new apexi unit as they dont make em for the skylines anymore iirc.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
theres bound to be new ones in various places,japanese tuners are savvy and they are pretty good at buying up parts that will increase in value once they go out of production

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
theres bound to be new ones in various places,japanese tuners are savvy and they are pretty good at buying up parts that will increase in value once they go out of production
that is true, I have seen boxed brand new units for sale on fleabay. Down to personal reasons as to weather you buy brand new or second hand, I wouldnt be willing to pay hundereds extra when a 2nd hand unit would do the job just as well.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Doubt they will have any..... Could be wrong though..

R33 gtst PFCs are rare nowadays
They do indeed have one sitting there doing nothing apart from looking good while sitting on the desk - lol

Don't know if it's for sale though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure I want to deal with RSP as I've had a bad experience with them and have decided to go a differant route now.

Alot of people have said they brought a power fc and have sold it and gone for differant Managment set up's. What would be an alternative set up??

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
There are plenty of ECU options available. It really depends on what you want and how much you wanna spend. Also if you´re not too deep into that topic it would be the best thing to discuss with a tuner to be honest.

The remapped standard ECU would be a very good and cost effective alternative. But since you decided you´re not willing to use RSP you will have to look for something else as they are the only one who can do it. Don´t know what happened and don´t even want to but maybe just give them a ring and a second chance? I´m sure you´ll be happy as Richard and Damo are top guys. Personally I´ll never use anyone else for mapping my car.

Good luck mate :cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
The benefits to using Power FC is that any reputable tuner can map them. They are great if you don't want to exceed 550bhp. (unless you go to the dejetro and run twin Z32's as in the GTR) I found this out the expensive way that's why I'm looking at something like Nistune which would run MAFS. My engine's built to make 600BHP+ but would be limited to 550bhp with the PFC.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The benefits to using Power FC is that any reputable tuner can map them. They are great if you don't want to exceed 550bhp. (unless you go to the dejetro and run twin Z32's as in the GTR) I found this out the expensive way that's why I'm looking at something like Nistune which would run MAFS. My engine's built to make 600BHP+ but would be limited to 550bhp with the PFC.
Think the HKS F-Con is the next most popular set up to the pfc or what most people go to once the limits of the pfc has been met.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah sounds like I may go the Power fc route as im not after major power yet. Up to 500bhp is what im thinking.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Not sure I want to deal with RSP as I've had a bad experience with them and have decided to go a differant route now.
What about japdyno.com, he's a trader on here too?
If you dont want to deal with rsp then I too would recomend the trader JapanDyno.com. I was amazed at how quickly the part I ordered turned up and it was reasonably priced too :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.