Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:D I read the reviews and read Jocks recommendation and I really wanted one of these so I said no thank you to HKS, non merci to the Greddy, and nein danke to the K&N. And I'm chuffed.

The RB20DET loves this, it seems to build boost quicker (if there isnt a power/torque gain with this mod on its own then I'll go bald and start wearing glasses), and it sounds like an angry bear with a lisp :D

supplied by Jez at ejperformance £110, took about 6 weeks but well worth waiting for

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Thats what I have on the GTR.. best filtration as well..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Does it look like this ? This is a Apexi Super Intake on my R34 - not too impressed really, might change it as I don't think it's flowing enough air.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not quite the same, mines a cone shaped one (ie not a cylinder). not too sure of the diff Super vs Power

I spose they might get clogged up after a while. the down side of the good filtration?

if they dont breath enough for a 2.5 their still a big improvement at 2.0

·
Registered
469 Posts
Was thinking of trying a cone, it's hard to explain but at high revs the intake noise just doesn't "sound right" and the boost pressure drops off at high revs.

Do you have any contact details for the mob you got yours from ?

Cheers

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EJ Performance 01202 849049 The chaps called Jez. They were the cheapest I found. I couldnt find anyone with one on the shelf on the UK but that was probably cause I've got a r32. You'll probably find somebody actually got one for your car.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yeah, had to be an Apexi for me, mine was £92 delivered from Apex Performance, waited about 27 years for it, but it was worth it in the end! :)

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
yeh i got mine from jez at EJ, top stuff!
the noise always sounds a bit dry if you know whaty i mean
as if the engine is missing oil or summit. sounds great when you power off too. defo give smoother power.:D

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now I've got it in there I want to make a cold air partition.

I think theres a big hole in the wing behind the washer bottle (much bigger than the original air feed hole) which you can see filled with foam when you've got the indicator out.

I'm thinking that you could replace/relocate the washer bottle and build a small box around the filterp pod that opens into that hole in the wing

but I need one of those pipes Jock fitted to relocate the filter pod further forward.

So, Jock where can I get one of them?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Well.... Ring Sean at Kiwi Engineering (near Gatwick) on 01293 820498 and tell him the scottish guy (Stewart) with the black skyline covered in dragons sent you. Remind him about the pipe work he did for me (cos he is a busy man) and he will sort it.

He is VERY good, and its such a good fit that the AFM fits into the pipe so snugly it doesn't even need a jubilee clip.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I gave Sean (sounds like a nice chap) a bell and I'll probably pay him a visit on friday,

Jock, can you remember any of the specific dimensions/details of what you asked for, or any extra bits you wished you'd asked for? Sean says he doesn't have the details anymore but not to worry just take him a spare AFM.

chico - do you want me to ask him to make one for you too?

Alex

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Alex, I think the internal diam was 80mm but could be wrong. I just said I want a bend of around 90 degrees, as close to mandrel bent as possible, and about this long {holds out arms}.

Was handy as I had the car there with me so we popped the hood and measured accurately the lenght with the mark 1 eyeball.

Took out my AFM and left it with him for a day or so to allow him to machine the piping to be such a sweet fit. Nerve wracking, but worth it.

If I was at home just now I could take mine in to him and he could no doubt just get the specs off it, but I am afraid I am not gonna be back that way for another 3 weeks.

Wish I had got him to make the bend angle a bit less, maybe only 70 degrees, but thats only cos if it was 70 degrees I wouldn't have had to make a bracket to stop the intake cone resting on the inner arch floor behind the headlight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts