Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a 1st generation Apexi s-afc with the car. Pic attached, although these aren't the settings i'm running with now.

Want to do full service on car before going near rr/dyno so was wondering if anyone has one of these gadgets and what settings reccommended until i can get it properly set-up?

The only other performance mod on car is the exhaust and down pipe to my knowledge.

Also car idles at 600rpm (holding constant) but seems rather low? Intend to clean IAC, AFM, breathers etc in next few days. Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks Vicky. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Good plan....... that 1st gen is a bit hit and miss I think, so be careful with adjustments.....

I have the newer one and am set up at 4 to 10 % less fuelling on low throttle, up to about 6000rpm (holds a stoich AFR unless I accelerate), and 2 to 8% less on hi throttle......

Curve is essentially:

-10% to -2% from idle to 7000

and

-8% to -2% from idle to 7000 on hi throttle.

Thats with a full exhaust replacement, iridiums, intake, .9bar and stuff like that.
Ideally, get it set up on a rolling road by someone with a good AFR reader.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeepers! Was well out when i bought the car home then! :eek:

I had reined it all in after reading Apexi site but will do as you both suggest and zero it until i can get it set up properly.

Thanks cos silly me missed the bit about it reverting to factory. :)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Its a good tool in the right hands, but can make a mess as well.... Not sure about the first gen, but the later one allows up to 50% change in fuelling, which could be nasty if leaned off.....

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zero'd it all now and tbh, it feels a bit smoother through range at factory. So i will leave it alone until i can get it set-u properly.

My guess is that decent plugs are a must if fuelling is to be messed with too. Will order some iridiums tomorrow.

Thanks for advice! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts