Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a map in the forum that shows what area the reps cover, where I am there's a south east area, a south central adn a tad further afield a south west, what are the boundary lines. (I know they are fuzzy but i reckon i can get to at least three meet areas :guiness: )

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
i think this is a good idea as we do cross borders at times and i know we dont have any probs with this , but it may make it easier for newbies to see which areas are closest for them.
EG bristol may come under the heading of south west but it would be closer for them to go to south wales. just using my area as the example.
what do you all think?

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
I did make this suggestion when I first became and area rep. I did start looking at maps as well.

there's this one I found. Plus I sent one to bruce ages ago which was quite good.

or we could start off with a blank and create our own area's:-

or

one sent to bruce (
I like this one as it shows the counties but with no writing.
):-

This ones what we are after:-

What we need to know is how many areas there are and what they cover. Then we'll have some sort of idea what to design.

Stu

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
the scots guys are going to want to break the conutry down a bit further me thinks ,,,

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The list you've started Stusy is pretty much the same as the "local events" headings, just add Ireland and it should be pretty close to complete. If we use the county borders it would work as;
South east - east anglia and south east
South Central - Heart of england and south central
South west - Cotswalds and west country
Midlands - East and West midlands
North east - North east
North West - Lake District
Wales - Wales
Scotland - Scotland
Ireland - Ireland.
If somebody would like to send me a complete members list, I'll happily populate the areas with names so we can see how that pans out. (Apologies to our antipodean relatives but I won't have a clue for down under)

·
bla
17,374 Posts
That would be pretty cool... How bout just a bare map of uk...

Then when you click where you are it comes up with your area reps and whats going on as in meets etc...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Why not split the country by motorways, and major A roads,
eg

A66 Penrith - Scothcorner
A50 stoke on trent - nottingham
M6 Carlise to Rugby
A1 london to edinburgh
M5 birmingham - exeter
A55 chester to holyhead

just examples, get the road maps and split the country by them, as most people will use these routes all the time, around there areas, plus getting to events.

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Why not split the country by motorways, and major A roads,
eg

A66 Penrith - Scothcorner
A50 stoke on trent - nottingham
M6 Carlise to Rugby
A1 london to edinburgh
M5 birmingham - exeter
A55 chester to holyhead

just examples, get the road maps and split the country by them, as most people will use these routes all the time, around there areas, plus getting to events.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, would give definate lines of where you are.
I have been looking at a online maps to see what where the boundries would be.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts