Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to start it up this morning after a week of it being parked up and it starts briefly splutters n farts a bit cuts out. start it again, same thing. then its turning over and kinda catching but only now n again. Now NOTHING!!!! its turning over ok but just not starting. I know the juice is getting in there cos i can smell it at the end of the exhaust.
Anyone got any ideas bout what i can do/look for. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lol

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
If you try it too often, your spark plugs will be wet, maybe almost kind of swimming and therefore no chance to get the car to fire up. So be a little patient and try it again later.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Try bump starting it in second or third gear.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Welcome to the club! Hope ya find out what the problem is soon ;]

·
Registered
962 Posts
just out of interest what is the difference in bump starting it in second or third?
Try dropping the clutch in 1st gear and see what happens!!

You'll soon learn to use 2nd or 3rd..

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Exactly like D-Sleazy says, the reason i said 2nd or 3rd is because if he's by himself or with someone not very strong i'll doubt there get enough speed up to use 2nd.

·
Registered
828 Posts
The lower the gea the more strain that goes through the cambelt etc and they have been known to snap on jump stating (never heard of a skyline one go in that way tho)

It does sound like its been flooded though so it may pay to take the plugs out give them a clean and dont put them back in for a while to help any fuel in the cylinders evaporate.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think its a gonna.

I'll take it off you for spares or repair..

;)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good advice

Thanks Bigc. did what you said and it started up 1st time. Didn't realise the plugs were such a bugger to get out tho. Im used to the old stylee type car where you just whip off the lead undo, give it a blow, put it back in. JOB DONE lol. Just got back from Rising Sun. Dropped the car off for a re-map. gonna get it back with 750bhp. Im Sh*ttin it already.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
neil, if you have anymore starting probs, to stop it flooding the AEM ecu is set up, so that you put yr foot to the floor on the throttle its set up to close off the fuel supply to stop flooding mate, then turn it over and presto it starts its the same on mine too.

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi.
i have a gtr r32 and i cant seem to get any fuel through to the engine.
does anyone know why the fuel aint coming through. and where the fuel pump is to as i cant see it anywhere.
cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts