Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You've bid against other people and won...... so get to ****ing paying and stop being a gaping vagina of a time waster.

I HATE these arseholes on ebay that piss you about, why do they bid if they have no intention of paying, absolute butt monkeys!

·
Registered
384 Posts
EBay is a breeding ground for nobjockeys.

Another one is Sellers who underestimate postage, then realise they've **** out because they've not put a reserve price on and decide not to proceed with transaction but bullshit you for 5 weeks until you have to claim money back through ebay.

If you're not sensible enough to check courier costs first, and didn't start the listing high enough or put a reserve on then either man up and take the hit or be good enough to be honest to the buyer and tell them you've ****ed up.

Don't pretend someone else has been arranging postage for a month, then change your tune and admit that you are struggling to find courier companies that can deliver within budget.

Oh and knobs that have an incorrect PayPal address registered with ebay so that you have to mess about cancelling payments and sending again, so that when it comes to issue a refund eBay think you've already been refunded and it takes another week to get your money back!

All the same seller, who is also a member on here

Rant over :D

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? Interesting ? Name and Shame?

I know what you mean though, some people don't want to pay what it actually costs to ship, they think the seller should cover the cost.... I mean £50 for a gearbox on a pallet seems fair to me, £6 for a pallet and £38+ for the service if you are lucky.

Don't get me started on fee's as well...... £48 ebay charges for last month...... £48 to sell my ****, plus the 4% to ebay again through paypal...!

Arse-raping swines!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Tell me about it - hardly sold anything last month and still had £15 charges! That plus PayPal sometimes means actually earning very little from a lot of things I've sold. Never really sell anything of great value so charges really eat into it.

That's just it, shipping costs are shipping costs, most of the time there's very little that can be done about it. But if you set a price you have to be prepared to stick with it. Either that or talk to the buyer and see if you can come to an arrangement rather than lie about it.

Re the seller - he's now sold his skyline and funnily enough included a set of wheels in with the sale that i had already bought!

·
Banned
1,205 Posts
Another one is Sellers who underestimate postage, then realise they've **** out because they've not put a reserve price on and decide not to proceed with transaction but bullshit you for 5 weeks until you have to claim money back through ebay.
Or how-about the the ones who use another account and bump up the price ... Stop being a skinflint and spend another 50p quid and set a reverse price then FFS .P
And by sounds of it we are talking about the same so called trader on hear lol

Really? Interesting ? Name and Shame?
Last time I did that my post got deleted :gay:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Or how-about the the ones who use another account and bump up the price ... Stop being a skinflint and spend another 50p quid and set a reverse price then FFS .P
And by sounds of it we are talking about the same so called trader on hear lol

Last time I did that my post got deleted :gay:
Lol - I know the ones you mean, often see something listed and then have to disregard it as soon as you see who its from. The 'other' eBay thread on here is pretty spot on.

No, he's not one of those - not a trader, just a member.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Or how-about the the ones who use another account and bump up the price ... Stop being a skinflint and spend another 50p quid and set a reverse price then FFS
I don't do this, but I wanted to put a reserve price on something and ebay wanted like £80 just to list it! It's starting to become a rip off these days.

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay to add to the story, the ass clown that hasn't paid is a scammer......

They are trying to tell me to send an invoice to a yahoo email account that is not registered with their paypal/ebay account... on checking they are using an american postal address, but want the item shipped to Enfield UK.

They sound dodgy as feck..... so I have sent their details a report to eBay !

Not only is eBay now getting too expensive, it's also full of cluster f**ks!

·
Registered
185 Posts

They are trying to tell me to send an invoice to a yahoo email account that is not registered with their paypal/ebay account... on checking they are using an american postal address, but want the item shipped to Enfield UK.

No way! I'm sure I was in the same situation a few months back but through gumtree. Probably the same guy.

·
Registered
384 Posts

Ffs, alarm bells!

·
warwickshire Area Rep
189 Posts
I feel your pain, I usually only have one auction with all my bits listed. It works out cheaper and eBay relist items for free that have not sold at auction ;)

I hate PayPal and eBay fees they are way over priced.

·
warwickshire Area Rep
189 Posts
I must admit I have had a couple of ebay stalkers but on the whole I have had a pretty good time on ebay, have made loads of sales to happy customers.

Paypal charges and ebay charges get reduced the more you sell if you comply with the rules etc.
Yeah, but they sting the casual seller :(

·
RIP pretty skyline
523 Posts
I took £733 this week. Ebay took £122 of it, Paypal took £45 of it & cost me £112 in postage. That's over a third. Worse than the government for taxing lol.
Then you get complained about overcharging postage by a pound ha ha.
I've been selling on ebay since 2000 & at least 2 in 10 are always a nightmare.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I took £733 this week. Ebay took £122 of it, Paypal took £45 of it & cost me £112 in postage. That's over a third. Worse than the government for taxing lol.
Then you get complained about overcharging postage by a pound ha ha.
I've been selling on ebay since 2000 & at least 2 in 10 are always a nightmare.
£122!? I thought it was 10% of the sale price but only a maximum of £70. Ebay make me :apuke: sometimes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
They are dicks. My mate just sold his truck - ended up selling it to third highest bidder cos winner never replied to him, then second Chance offer went out and that guy ****ed him about and luckily third highest bidder emailed him offering to buy it if he had any problems.

On another note - numpty bollox on here selling his wheels had put them back on eBay again for £40 and they didn't sell! Karma! Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts