Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at lights focus was behind me. did not know what it was:drivin: lights went green set off . this was up my bumper. pulled over 2lanes :bounce: go on big boy :grinno: came at the side of me nailed my skyline in 2nd then 3rd :swear: was still there at the side just had the edge bouncing on the limiter to 4 th gear . :swear: kin hell was a focus. whats all that about.and it was orange with 2 white stripes (cobra) :booty: :( :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Take solace in the fact that not only does your car look better but will be around long after the fordy has rusted into a little heap. (ex ford fan)

·
Registered
704 Posts
That would be a Ford Focus ST
Clicky
225PS and 320Nm

Suprisingly, cars have come on in the last 10 years, having 250bhp in a heavy saloon doesn't cut it anymore and hasn't for at least 5 years if not more.

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
had one on the private motorway in my mates calibra turbo,
was doing over 150 on gps, they are fast mate,

5 cylinder turbo and tunable

·
Registered
291 Posts
If I remember correctly I'm sure even ol Jezza Clarkson was pretty impressed by the Focus ST. hey are a good bit of kit.

I agree with MatB - 250BHP these days is pretty 'normal' and doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I went up the quarter mile against one at Shakespear and nailed his ass to the wall. :)

Took a tuned skyline to do it though.

Nippy little buggers.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
its a ford with a volvo engine,so they will all get understeered into walls and lamp posts like all the other fwd trash
must say that asbo orange is the worst colour ive seen since bmw did dakar banana yellow m3's

·
Registered
248 Posts
have to agree guys our cars look and last better but there are a lot of new motors out there that will give us propblems now, i myself used to be a ford boy my old sereis 2 rst would beat a standard gtst (its was 200bhp+ with 227lbft at 3000rpm)so there's only one thing for it wiseco pistons new ecu and injectors big turbo and loads of boooooooost :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
also look out for new beemer 335i coupe turbo....v.e.r.y.f.a.s.t......

was driving the other halfs RX8 yesterday as well.....was happily zooming along until i came up against a new beemer 320d.....it pulled away easily....

·
RIP pretty skyline
523 Posts
Sorry to dissapoint. Koh!!!! "lamp popsts & things" I have both skyline GTS & focus ST-3 ( the missus car)

Skyline has teini coilovers, strut braces etc, Stage one tuning etc. Focus is bog standard.

St handling is Far far far superior to my skyline. Feels so much more lighter & responsive. 6 speed too!!.I love driving it. Get out of the focus into my skyline & it feels like i've climbed into a turbocharged brick.

Feels scary & wallowey over 110 tho ( on continent ) Skyline will happily cruise 150-160 over near essen. This is where it is the true GT car.

Sorry lads & lasses.

Still prefer the Skyline anyday because of the living legend it is & iconing awe factor it gets.

Skyline wins cos it a SKYLINE lol.:booty:

·
manual convert
583 Posts
i came across a seat leon cupra near wellingboro earlier this year, and up to 80 ish he beat me but over that the skyline pulled him back into line.
but they are very quick, don,t know what hp they run ??

·
I'm bringing sexy back
962 Posts
Another one to watch out for is the Skoda Fabia Vrs. Only reason I could pull away from a 40mph rolling start was the fact I had an extra 2000rpm through the gears :crazy: :crazy:

Mondo torque :sly:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Suprisingly, cars have come on in the last 10 years, having 250bhp in a heavy saloon doesn't cut it anymore and hasn't for at least 5 years if not more.

Thats why I have nearly 400 instead :D

I had some fun with an ST a little while back, left it for dust...

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
a mate had a seat leon cupra, all standard and he said it was 150horse and 4WD
fast indeed but i didnt think it was faster than a GTSt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another one to watch out for is the Skoda Fabia Vrs. Only reason I could pull away from a 40mph rolling start was the fact I had an extra 2000rpm through the gears :crazy: :crazy:

Mondo torque :sly:
you have a damm site more than 2000revs the furby vrs is a diesel,and my missus whupped me from 40 to 90.And be extra aware that there are some modded ones putting out 250 bhp and nearly 500 lb ft of torque

·
Registered
290 Posts
I managed to push a porsche 911 turbo ( older one about a 92 ) along for while the other day until i backed off yet today it took until high end of the revs in 3rd gear to get away from a z3.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts