Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looks like some wxxxer has tried to force the door fortunatly he must of had the strenghth of a muppet did not get very far
got a cat 1 alarm, anything i could do if he comes back take out certain fuse etc i am crap with cars but would like to keep the skyline so some advice needed
cheers

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
buy the biggest, hardest dog you can find then put it in the car. before all you rspca freaks read this and post a comment, i like dogs so leave the window open!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take it the car has a Immobiliser??
yes its got an immobiliser how effective are they though
had the car 18 months no problem, just moved jobs and now parking in a different area, think it must be someone from there.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
You could always unpug the spark amplifer, one simple pulg and the car wont start.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Park the car as close to where you live as possible, first strange noise go out with a scaffolding pole, claim you were worried about the Skyline being used as a SVBIED due to the terror threat being critical.

·
Registered
781 Posts
in the boot, remove the fuse thats says ing on it and this will stop the ingnation working and that will be good
but 90% of the time, they want to steal stuff from the car and not take the car its self, and they tried the door cause smashing the glass makes to much noise

·
Registered
385 Posts
all above suggestions are great, except maybe the dog, I would hate to wake up to a messy skyline in the morning!

Also lights with horn alarms are better for noise too! People look out windows and are more bother by the horn sounding! It maybe a good idea to make sure your passenger and driver side windows are tinted. It helps as a better inforcement for the windows.

Windows make alot of noise if you don't know how to break them. You could take an antenna to break the glass easy with little sound or take a spark plug, smash it into little pieces and "toss" it at the window and the window will give so easy with no sound. Doesn't take much force or time at all. Be careful man.

:angel: Oh and for you smart ones I am not a thief! I was able to do a story on car theft when the Integra Type R was on the hot list!:bounce:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
The problem is that the clever ones look out for cars with tinted window because they don`t make as much noise as a non tinted window when it breaks, also the glass stays in one piece and is a lot easier to remove if the W**ker wants to take the whole car.

·
Registered
751 Posts
yeh but then you get kids running near it to est it off coz they think its cool, i know as i had one on my last car, park the car in a well lit area, dont leave anything on display and a few alarm stickers inside front windows may help to put off the oppurtunist theif.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
proximity alarms are useless. They just annoy everyone and stop you parking close to anything. ie in your garage! Disconnected mine.

Your best bet is to do what everyone says. If they are going only for your goodies in the car then leave the glove compartment open and any other cubby holes so they can see they are empty. This works trust me.

Also steering lock or even better boss ditachable steering wheel will deter any scummers from taking the car. The longer it takes to make a clean get away the less likely they are to take it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Viper

Hi andymc14 . Just had a Cat 1 alarm fitted to mine. this one has a 1000 yard pager system which pages you if anything is tripped re: shock sensor, boot opening etc etc. Also has a triple system immobiliser and upgrades for whatever you care for. Its called a Viper somat or other lol had it done by Sextons in Swansea but i think they have more shops arond the place. £378 with built in turbo timer.(if you want to use it)

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
in the boot, remove the fuse thats says ing on it and this will stop the ingnation working and that will be good
but 90% of the time, they want to steal stuff from the car and not take the car its self, and they tried the door cause smashing the glass makes to much noise

not really, you could smash a car window and someone standing 1 meter away wouldnt even notice it (bus hammer)

if you hit it with a brick fair enough it will make noise but this isnt the normal route

·
Registered
261 Posts
Was working at a Bike Dealership in the early nineties and a woman bought a Honda Scooter from us. 2 weeks later it was stolen and recovered, so we fixed it and sent her on her way. 3 weeks later, she came in to inform us that the bike had been stolen again and our Director suggested she get a Rottweiler (spelling?), to which she replied, that the Rottweiler she had in the back yard with the bike was stolen at the same time...:spank:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts